laser bore sighter

Help Support Ruger Forum:

elkhunter62

Bearcat
can i use the laser to sight in my sights on sr9 and just maybe how to do that would be so helpful some say you can thanks so much!!!! :p

contender

Ruger Guru
Welcome to the Forum!
I'm assuming you have an aftermarket boresighter to insert in the bbl to set the sights. If so,, then as with ANY boresighting device,, all they do is get you "close" on paper. Due to differences in ammo, how the shooter holds & fires a firearm,, the point of impact most often will be different than where the laser bore sighting light pointed.
The only way to make sure of correct sight alignment is to actually shoot the gun.
This is true for any firearm in any caliber.

elkhunter62

Bearcat
contender":1s9r02nm said:
Welcome to the Forum!
I'm assuming you have an aftermarket boresighter to insert in the bbl to set the sights. If so,, then as with ANY boresighting device,, all they do is get you "close" on paper. Due to differences in ammo, how the shooter holds & fires a firearm,, the point of impact most often will be different than where the laser bore sighting light pointed.
The only way to make sure of correct sight alignment is to actually shoot the gun.
This is true for any firearm in any caliber.
thanks so much for youe help.

Old No7

Bearcat
"...the point of impact most often will be different than where the laser bore sighting light pointed.

The only way to make sure of correct sight alignment is to actually shoot the gun."
Just don't forget to REMOVE the laser FIRST!! :shock:

Saw a beautiful 7mm Mag rifle ruined one week prior to moose season by someone who forgot all about the expensive little "bore obstruction" he'd stuck in the barrel!!! Ouch!!!

But he'll only do that once...

Old No7

Latest posts