JOHN WAYNE Vaquero owners?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Curious who here has one of the blued John Wayne model New Vaqueros that TALO put out?

GKC

Blackhawk
One of the local gun shops I frequent had one in blue a couple of years ago...they had it priced at $1200, if I remember correctly. I would have liked to have it, but I just couldn't justify paying that price for a gun I probably wouldn't ever shoot, and I don't have collectible guns anyway. So, I passed on it...and it sold a short time later. I've always sorta regretted not buying it.

Do you shoot yours?

wproct

Single-Sixer
GKC said:
I would have liked to have it, but I just couldn't justify paying that price for a gun I probably wouldn't ever shoot, and I don't have collectible guns anyway. So, I passed on it...and it sold a short time later. I've always sorta regretted not buying it.

Do you shoot yours?

I know what you are saying, and that has always been my thinking also, but when I saw this one I had to make an exception. No, I won't be shooting mine, I just enjoy owning it.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Ok, so there's two here with these. Collectorruger, wproct...pick a # between 1 and 100!

wproct

Single-Sixer
BlkHawk73 said:
Ok, so there's two here with these. Collectorruger, wproct...pick a # between 1 and 100!

Sorry, I guess I'm a little slow. Are you asking if our serial numbers are within that range?

bisley32

Single-Sixer
I had a blued one and traded it for a stainless one.Looking back,I wish I would have kept the blue one.Maybe someday I will find a good deal on another blued model,would be nice to have the pair.

JimMarch1

Blackhawk
Wasn't the blue version the first non-fake-case NewVaq in blue made? As in, there's no way Ruger would desecrate a JW-marked gun with that crap? :D

BlkHawk73

Hunter
wproct said:
BlkHawk73 said:

Sorry, I guess I'm a little slow. Are you asking if our serial numbers are within that range?

Never mind. As above, I simply asked for each of you to choose a number between 1 and 100. That was it nothing more. Thought "Pick a # between 1 and 100" was pretty straight forward and clear. Had an advertising/promotional piece for these I was going to give to the one picking closest to the # I picked. I'll tuck it back into the pile.

Jeff Quinn

Single-Sixer
I have a blued one, and my brother also has a blued one.

I have this one on order:

RUKSSMBH-4F-JW.JPG

wproct

Single-Sixer
Thanks for the explanation BlkHawk73, as I said, I'm admittedly slow on the uptake. Since Collectorruger was the first to respond, let's declare him the winner!

Jeff Quinn, that's a nice looking revolver, didn't even know that one was being offered? Cool!