"Introducing the Colt CBX Tac Hunter – A Modern Hunting Rifle" (Ruger copy?)

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Not sure why they didn't call it the Colt "American" - seems to be copied from Ruger's you-know-what, in terms of features. Of course, that name might have reminded them of their "All American 2000" fiasco:

They say that copying something is the sincerest form of flattery! (Moderators, please move this thread to a different forum if appropriate.)

As always IMHO, FWIW, YMMV, etc.
:)

Similar and 'copy' are slightly different descriptions.
With modern technology, it's not difficult to produce accurate barrels, simple but strong/stiff actions, and the nearly universal Tupperware stocks. These are the major components in making a rugged, cheap, and accurate rifle.
I have a Thompson Center Compass II that's very 'similar' to the Ruger American. Due to business shifts and change in ownership(?) TC/S&W/whoever owns the brand these days, decided the Compass II wasn't a worthwhile item. Maybe a mistake since there seems to be another very similar rifle tossed into the sales arena.

...I have a Thompson Center Compass II that's very 'similar' to the Ruger American. Due to business shifts and change in ownership(?) TC/S&W/whoever owns the brand these days, decided the Compass II wasn't a worthwhile item. Maybe a mistake since there seems to be another very similar rifle tossed into the sales arena.

Sorry that I didn't buy a TC Dimension when they were available. I'm a sucker for multi-caliber firearms!

As always IMHO, FWIW, YMMV, etc.
:)

Hankus

Blackhawk
All I can say is the TC Compass II is pretty amazing accuracy wise.
Look back 50-60 years to the economy model 788 Remington. Even with a rear locking multi-lug bolt, the 788 produced great accuracy. The only thing holding that rifle back was the trigger(which was AWFUL).
My 788 in .308 is still my go-to hunting rifle. I check zero with 3 rounds before hunting season every year and only pull the trigger with a deer in my sights so it only gets fired a max of ~ 8 rounds a year. It's a tack driver.