Interchange MK sear?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Rocdoc

Buckeye
Anybody know if Volquartsen MKIII sear will work on MKIV with no modification?

SGW Gunsmith

Blackhawk
Rocdoc said:
Anybody know if Volquartsen MKIII sear will work on MKIV with no modification?

Just a NO, doesn't mean much. The Ruger Mark IV sear from Volquartsen (VC) has a few significant changes, and the Mark II & III style will not work alone. At this point, the only way to get a VC sear for the Mark IV is acquire the whole kit.

I'm working on getting the trigger pull weight much smoother and lighter in the Ruger Mark IV pistols and mainly using the parts provided. $150.00 for the kit after spending as much as $550.00 for the pistol is a bit much as far as I'm concerned.

Rocdoc

Buckeye
Thanks, I went ahead and ordered the Volquartsen accurizing kit without trigger $99.99 from Tandemkross, no tax no shipping Labor Day special. Pretty good deal I think since I already have a trigger I want to use. Certainly not skilled enough to try to improve factory parts.

https://www.tandemkross.com/Volquartsen-Accurizing-Kit-Ruger%C2%AE-MKIV%E2%84%A2-2245%E2%84%A2_p_480.html

SGW Gunsmith

Blackhawk
I still think they should call it a "Performance Package" rather than an "Accuracy Kit". I did a test using a Mark IV Competition Target installed in my Ransom Rest. Shot five groups with SK Match Pistol ammunition with the pistol having all of the factory components intact.
Then, I shot five groups with the very same ammunition, only this time with the "full blown" accuracy kit installed. Couldn't detect any improvement in accuracy, or group size, that was even measurable.

The before and then after trigger pull, weight measurement, did indeed improve, but to me that's more of a better "performance" function, to possibly help the shooter perform better.

SGW Gunsmith

Blackhawk
Don't know if anybody even gives a rip, but here are pictures of the Ruger Mark IV sears before the recall, and then the **NEW** style installed after the recall and now with all the Mark IV pistols shipped, front and backside views:

WLNa2nJl.jpg

Qcv7yGUl.jpg

Volquartsen sold a sear for the pre-recall Mark IV, and then another, further modified sear, for those pistols after the recall update.

Was a bit confusing for a small amount of time during the recall situation.