Mk 2 - 22/45

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Been shooting this pistol for years, nice red dot scope on top. The last time I cleaned it the main spring jammed as I was reassembling and trying to solve the issue, damaged the frame and pieces went everywhere. At this point I'm looking for a new lower assembly, but not going to pay a fortune for it. If anyone has any leads on this let me know. Thanks

Dan in MI

Staff member
At this point I'm looking for a new lower assembly, but not going to pay a fortune for it

That is going to be your issue. Mk series lowers are in demand now. Due to VQ and TacSol selling uppers at reasonable, or in the case of VQ, dirt cheap rates people are buying lowers like crazy. The one thing going for you is the MK-II 22/45 is the least desired version. Go to GB and search under "Ruger repair parts" you will find some there from scrappers. My understanding is they are police turn ins that require the serialized parts destroyed. These guys made a business out of stripping them and just destroying the required portion.

Your mileage may vary. The MkIII is the least desired, and to me, followed by the MkIV.

But regardless of opinions, I just don't see a lower being easily available, regardless of what our favorites are.

I have a brand new MkII 22/45 P512 . It's impossible to sell, and it's cheap enough that used models could be bought whole, just to part them out.

:unsure:

Last edited:

Dan in MI

Staff member
The opinion is based on 6 or 7 years of watching MK series lowers for sale. I didn't say complete gun. The OP is considering a lower and MKII era 22/45's are the least desired. Auction values don't lie.

I have actually purchased several Mark and 22/45 (not MarkIII) "parts kits" and they do tend to be a little pricey. If you watch you can find them at a somewhat reasonable price. Just requires patience.

I might suggest a variation on Wayno's thoughts. Find a used 22/45 in a different configuration than yours that interests you. You could then swap uppers depending on your use on any particular day. Downside of this is that used 22/45s are a bit scarce, at least in my area. Sounds like Wayno might have one if you're interested in a blue 5.5" barrel. 🙂

Latest posts