I'm Mad At Elk

Help Support Ruger Forum:

WMB30

Single-Sixer
sixshot, Short Barrel, A Sportsman's Warehouse in your area should have the Jetboil as the one here in Reno has them.

Bill

Short Barrel

Blackhawk
Another little piece of equipment that I,ve grown very attached to in recent years is a small,LED headlight by Black Diamond.It is small,light and runs off 2 AA batteries.There are a couple intensity settings.One neat feature is a tiny,blinking green light on the side of it.This little light blinks 24/7-year round but doesn't drain the battery.If you drop the light at night or are trying to find it in your pack at night,this little blinking light is a lifesaver.It isn't noticeable in daylight. I tried head lights in the past but got tired of batteries draining too fast or bulbs burning out at inopportune times.I like these LED lights though and always have it in my pack,even if I plan to be to the truck before dark.These hands free LED lights are about as light and almost as compact as the little plastic flashlights I relied on for years.Not a bad idea to have one of those for back up though.

zac0419

Single-Sixer
Dick,

Almost two years late on thanking you for another great post (I thought I had read them all). I like the way you write and your pictures are always top-notch. I really envy the life you live and hope to someday have something similar. Thanks also to rugerforum for keeping these old post alive so guys like me can accidentally find them on a lazy Monday.

Zac from CO

sixshot

Buckeye
Zac, I enjoy sharing the experiences with others & I know I'm lucky to be able to do the things I get to share here on the forum. You are in great country yourself!
I like to say: enjoy everyday & at the end of the day don't take yourself to seriously.

Dick