I would like to see Ruger or one of the Ruger Clone makers come out with a interchangeable barrel system for MK series pistols.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

contender

Ruger Guru
Thanks.
As I mentioned,, I really haven't kept up with them in recent years. Good to know they are still putting some out.

I prefer my older HS semi-auto handguns. They are really, really nice. The ease of swapping a barrel, along with the superb accuracy makes them quite desirable to many, including me.

kean57

Single-Sixer
Duplicating the Dan Wesson design would be silly easy. A feeler gauge is all that's needed. All you need is a lathe and any custom barrel blanks can be easily adapted!!!
I don't the Dan Wesson system would work for a semi-auto pistol. In the Dan Weston system you're using the feeler gauge to set a barrel- cylinder gap. There is no barrel-cylinder gap in a semi-auto pistol.

I don't the Dan Wesson system would work for a semi-auto pistol. In the Dan Weston system you're using the feeler gauge to set a barrel- cylinder gap. There is no barrel-cylinder gap in a semi-auto pistol.
But the same could be used for headspacing. Even maybe a go round. Screw down to gauge and tighten nut and done.

NikA

Buckeye
But the same could be used for headspacing. Even maybe a go round. Screw down to gauge and tighten nut and done.
I don't think most manufacturers would trust modern consumers to properly headspace a barrel. Might be too much liability. Gapping a cylinder is a bit less risky, as the cartridge pressure will always be properly contained. Figure out a way around that and maybe you will have a marketable product.

I don't think most manufacturers would trust modern consumers to properly headspace a barrel. Might be too much liability. Gapping a cylinder is a bit less risky, as the cartridge pressure will always be properly contained. Figure out a way around that and maybe you will have a marketable product.
Oh well Darwin needs Award Candidates. A Man without tools isn't.