How long will this nonsense last?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

just what the antis want folks going against one another, the hunters fearing the target shooters, both of them fearing the military collectors, shooters, even re-enactors....yessir , divide and conquer...call, write, and contact YOUR reps and senators and tell them NO WAY , and do this repeatedly, than VOTE accordingly, and remind them that you DO VOTE !!!you don;t want to pay the prices? then don't, you want to sell your stuff and be a greedy sucker, capitalist, then go ahead, you won't sell ANY of it to ME at "stupid prices".....
I feel real sad and sorry for the folks who live in those places where this has already been going on, and they allowed it :(

I get a real kick out of all the guys who post "I was in the store and they only had four boxes of ammo so I bought 'em all. Howcum there's no ammo?"

:roll: :roll: :? :roll: :roll:

Merovingian

Bearcat
Ale-8(1) said:
I get a real kick out of all the guys who post "I was in the store and they only had four boxes of ammo so I bought 'em all. Howcum there's no ammo?"

<---- That guy. :lol:

Especially if it was .22 or 45-70 :mrgreen:

MnBulldog

Single-Sixer
jwden123 said:
border control said:
This is certainly not an isolated case.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=328161636

this really is nonsense. 22lr is in short supply, but the most I have paid this weekend is $15 for 4 50 rd boxes of Blazer. $10 for a box of 100 CCI Mini mags.

DONT PAY HIGH PRICES FOR RIMFIRE AMMO. You are only encouraging these thieves.

Everyone is guilty to a point but you notice that most of the way out of line prices are being paid by or run way up by folks with no prior bidding history or knowledge of what this stuff should be going for. Furthering the problem as several have previously stated. I was at a store the other day that was bare shelves of everything. A guy just hanging around there was busy telling the unhappy crowd how he had purchased thousands of rounds of several calibers in the past couple of weeks there. Needless to say he was not the most popular fellow after his bragging..

JimInMichigan

Bearcat
What I dont understand is, why the panic on 22LR? I have not heard any anti-gun even mention the little cartridge.

I remember a buddy telling me they don't need to outlaw guns, just make the ammo too hard to aquire. Back then, I thought, never going to happen. But now?

jstanfield103

Blackhawk
I have never stocked up on 22LR ammo, I am a target shooter and shoot quite regularly. I have always been able to go and buy a box of 22LR at any time, never needed to stock up on it. Frustrating, I can buy the guns but no ammo. Well it at least gives me a chance to buy the gun I have been wanting for a while ( Browning Buckmark Silhouette in 14" barrel ) just wont be able to shoot it for awhile only have 100 rounds left of 22LR. That just sucks !

9x19

Hunter
After the last go 'round when even the .22 were hard to find, I started buying a box every time I went anywhere that sold it... wife thought I was nuts, but now I feel pretty good about it.

A shame the rest of you folks are suffering.... again.

jjas said:
And I thought my lgs charging $50.00 for a brick of Remington thunderbolts was out of line.......
I have the better part of a brick of them I'll send you if you pay shipping. They are the biggest pieces of crap I have ever tried to use.

wideglide

Bearcat
I bought 3 boxes of Federal 550 round stuff at Walmart the other day for 22.00 per box. 3 box limit. Went to the next Walmart and bought 3-50 round boxes of Federal 9mm for 13.00 per box. They had about 25 trays of Mini Mags for $7.50 each 3 box max. If folks are paying 25.00 per 100 rounds I could do well off what's in my safe but I'd feel guilty as hell to gouge someone. I guess no one forcing anyone to buy, but it still seems wrong.

jjas

Single-Sixer
If you look around you can still find ammo @ reasonable prices. I purchased two bricks of winchester .22lr ammo for $22.00 per brick @ BassPro a couple of weeks ago.

Yesterday, I found a box of CCI minimags (375 rounds) @ Dick's for $29.00 (which is the price they were charging before the "run" started).

I haven't had any luck @ my local Walmarts, but others I know have.

ranger1

Buckeye
jjas said:
If you look around you can still find ammo @ reasonable prices. I purchased two bricks of winchester .22lr ammo for $22.00 per brick @ BassPro a couple of weeks ago.

Yesterday, I found a box of CCI minimags (375 rounds) @ Dick's for $29.00 (which is the price they were charging before the "run" started).

+1
I lucked out yesterday and found 12 Federal Champion 525 round bulk boxes at a local Fleet Farm. I purchased four of them @ $18.99 each and left the rest for the next guy.

BrittB

Single-Sixer
I haven't found anything in 22lr for a while now in my area and my supply is down to maybe 200 rounds. Maybe it's time to take up a different hobby!

superdutyscaler

Bearcat
i pay $22 dollars a box for .22lr ammo at Dicks in NJ
http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=13369245&ab=ACLN4_Link_RifleAmmo_22Rimfire

BlkHawk73

Hunter
superdutyscaler said:
i pay $22 dollars a box for .22lr ammo at Dicks in NJ
http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=13369245&ab=ACLN4_Link_RifleAmmo_22Rimfire

but is it in stock?

superdutyscaler

Bearcat
yes i just went after work and bought two more box's, they were sold out for two weeks and they just got the delivery this morning

Yiddil

Single-Sixer
I did some checking a round on 22lr ammo and no one has it, not taking back orders until they complete all the back orders they have...when 500 winchesters goes for 70.00us and up, its time to fold...and wait...It's just turned into a free for all...most are hesterical about the need to stock pile 10s of thousands of rounds out of some fear issue they have...My Local dealer still has lines out the wazoo...all the rifles are gone...all the pistals are too except for a few on the wall now where the rifles usied to be displayed...
It's way to insane...and half the people panic buying anything at all...way to freaky deaky for me...

I have some ammo, and plan to use it as I always do...and if Im out, Im going fishing:)))

BrittB

Single-Sixer
Yes and I refuse to play the game as well. My 10/22's will wait it out in the closet and I will use my FEG PA-63 as my CCW. Not a problem aquiring 9x18 Makarov ammo!

fido4x

Bearcat
I was at the gun show in Fredericksburg, VA yesterday and the ammo tables had long lines at them by the time I even got in the door which itself had a long line and this was on a Friday. I did pick up a few boxes of .45 ACP. No 22LR to be had at that table. Some had some of the typical bulk boxes (333, 555) for anywhere from $50 - $70 but I just can't conceive of > .10 for a 22. Hell, there was one table that had some 22LR in boxes that looked 30 years old. I'm guessing he dug them out of the basement considering today's prices. I last bought a bulk load of Blazer, 5250 for $190 (.038 ea) last summer. Clearly I wish I had bought 4 or 5 more at those prices. No one can afford to shoot .223/5.56, .45 or even 9mm and that's why the .22LR are gone, at least they were affordable. Now they are ridiculously priced too. I have no guesses as to when this mess will die down. I don't think I have enough 22LR to last the summer but I do check my local Walmarts (3 box max) where I did manage to get 3 boxes of Winchester 22LR (not my favorite but oh well) and they weren't cheap either but doesn't seem to hurt as much. I'll continue to pick that up when in stock until bulk purchases are affordable again, if they are ever affordable again.