Hey guys, check out my latest USPSA vid. (shooting an M&

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ConradM

Blackhawk
This was from fathers day. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pm1yEJCzG3Y

Sticking with my tradition of getting a new gun every year... I'm finally going to pick up a Glock. :oops: Specifically a G34 which is the competition 9mm.

revhigh

Hawkeye
Conrad !!! You DA MAN !!!! Great hearing from you again !

Very nice and great shooting !

How'd ya do in relation to the rest of the pack ?

REV

ConradM

Blackhawk
revhigh said:

REV

I have yet to do better than 3rd out of 20 people or so... Shooting a 9mm in limited where I'm at a disadvantage in power factor doesn't help. When I get the Glock I'm going to start shooting production where power factor isn't measured.

ConradM

Blackhawk
Oh and if anyone has ever wanted to try competition but is intimidated. Look for a range that holds steel challenge matches. The easiest thing to get into hands down. All you need is a .22 or larger cal pistol, a holster and as many mags as you have. You just stand in a box and when you hear the beep you shoot steel plates in a certain order. No crazy running around or reloading.

If you use a .22 pistol you don't even need a holster you just start at low-ready. :D

sargents1

Single-Sixer
Good shooting, good footwork (FAST!) and some very nice gun handling (gun in tight to the chest, up high where you can see it in your peripheral when doing reloads, but its not blocking your view of targets).

I especially like the On-The-Run Reload at about 31sec into the video on stage 1. I had to go back and run it frame-by frame because its hard to see in real time.

Some nice fast draws too.

Hats off to you Conrad.

ConradM

Blackhawk
ArmedinAZ said:
Wow Conrad! Git er done! :D

It looks like you shoot gansta style with your off-hand. :wink:

Is every target a double tap?

lol!

Every target is 2 hits unless it's a head shot.

ConradM

Blackhawk
sargents1 said:
Good shooting, good footwork (FAST!) and some very nice gun handling (gun in tight to the chest, up high where you can see it in your peripheral when doing reloads, but its not blocking your view of targets).

I especially like the On-The-Run Reload at about 31sec into the video on stage 1. I had to go back and run it frame-by frame because its hard to see in real time.

Some nice fast draws too.

Hats off to you Conrad.

Thanks! I almost forgot that reload on stage 1. :lol:

A

Anonymous

That's gotta be one of those things that are much harder to do in reality than it looks. I'd like to try it someday, and would probably be embarrassed by how bad I did.

ConradM

Blackhawk
89grand said:
That's gotta be one of those things that are much harder to do in reality than it looks. I'd like to try it someday, and would probably be embarrassed by how bad I did.

It's easy to prepare for though.... When you're at home practice your draw and reloads and start slow. If you practice your draw, pick a target across the room, draw and use the target to get your sight picture as fast as you can. It's very easy to get into the habit of "point shooting" when you're on a clock.

I really have to remind myself to find the front sight when I draw.

Having a really good grip helps too as well as having your elbows turned slightly out, it kind of turns your hands into a vice.

But like I said, try steel challenge first if you can, much less intimidating.

Mike J

Hunter
ConradM said:
revhigh said:

REV

I have yet to do better than 3rd out of 20 people or so... Shooting a 9mm in limited where I'm at a disadvantage in power factor doesn't help. When I get the Glock I'm going to start shooting production where power factor isn't measured.

I don't have any experience with USPSA but 3rd out of 20 sounds like you have done really well Conrad. I wish I could try that although I am sure I would stink it up. It is good to see you doing well.

Egalloway

Single-Sixer
Excellent shooting Conrad! Very smooth, you can tell natural talent in some folks. Do you just change out cause you get bored with the same equipment? Seen several converts from Glock to M&P lately, installed lots of Apex parts and less Zex parts as a result. Just wondering.

ConradM

Blackhawk
Egalloway said:
Excellent shooting Conrad! Very smooth, you can tell natural talent in some folks. Do you just change out cause you get bored with the same equipment? Seen several converts from Glock to M&P lately, installed lots of Apex parts and less Zex parts as a result. Just wondering.

Yea I do get bored with after to long. Main reason I'm getting the Glock is for the sight radius. Seems to make a difference past 15 yards or so.

Tam 212

Single-Sixer
Very cool. Thanks for sharing!

By and large, I have found IDPA/USPSA matches and the folks associated with them to be friendly, skilled, safe and helpful people.

www.powerfactorshow.com has really good video and podcasts about the sport.

Just go out there and do it. Doesn't matter how you place, you always win because it's an opportunity to practice and improve your gun handling and shooting skills.

ConradM

Blackhawk
Tam 212 said:
Very cool. Thanks for sharing!

By and large, I have found IDPA/USPSA matches and the folks associated with them to be friendly, skilled, safe and helpful people.

www.powerfactorshow.com has really good video and podcasts about the sport.

Just go out there and do it. Doesn't matter how you place, you always win because it's an opportunity to practice and improve your gun handling and shooting skills.

Thanks for the link! I'll check it out. :D

Tmyoungjr

Bearcat
My local gun club on wednesday nights has IPSC shoots at the indoor range.

5 bucks and you shoot two courses - averages about 60 rounds for the night.

The people there are helpful as can be, they'll walk you through and make sure you're doing things right. Even the guys who seem standoff ish - usually the ones with the race guns will help.

It's a good time - I suggest everyone tries it at least once.

ConradM

Blackhawk
inuswetrust said:
Great shooting Conrad. Do you shoot a Ruger, or just the M&P?

I started with an SR9 a few years ago. But I go through guns pretty quick. :lol:

Just picked up a G34 which will be my new project.