Help I.D. Ka Bar....?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Diabloman

Single-Sixer
Howdy, I got this knife years ago (20?) at a gun show. It's my go to outside
barn/hunt/knocking around. I can't find any info. The tang says made in U.S.A and the sheath says Made In Germany....? Any & all help will be appreciated! Thanks!

Diabloman

Single-Sixer
I'll try!
A58AE69A-BE56-46FE-AA80-A5D273D3E47F.jpeg

Howdy, I got this knife years ago (20?) at a gun show. It's my go to outside
barn/hunt/knocking around. I can't find any info. The tang says made in U.S.A and the sheath says Made In Germany....? Any & all help will be appreciated! Thanks!

I found the following info on the Kabar 1237 on a different internet forum, from about 2005:

"That's a standard skinning knife they make. They've been making them for years and still do with very little change. If this is a carbon steel model, it is 1095. If it's stainless, it could be 440A or if very recent, AUS-6."

:)

KIR

Sparks, NV
I have always liked a KABAR that was issued to the Marines/Army, but I always felt that it should have a hole at the rear of the handle for a leather strip. Just my preference.

noahmercy

Blackhawk
Sheath looks similar in style and build to an older Puma or Edge brand, right down to the rivets and stitching. Almost positive it came out of Solingen.

Mauser9

Blackhawk
Nice one! Looks like a great skinner. Blade shape similar to my old Puma Skinner. Old style sheath like mine. Recall how inexpensive these quality sheath knives were when I was a kid. Had a P.I.C from W. Germany eons ago. Around $3 when I was a kid. The Puma ran me around $26-27 back in 1967.