Happy New Year and a 2019 wish.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

TJ11

Single-Sixer
Have a great New Year.
Be safe out there.

Like last year when my BGF gave me a GP100 3" .44 I have been offered another wish so which GP 100 would you recommend ?

Cheers

TJ11

Single-Sixer
Well how sad there are no recommendations from this learned group.

I'm kind of leaning to this one.

TMTjZxZ.jpg

Price ? Not my money.

TJ11

Single-Sixer
ronzonie01 said:
TJ11 said:
Well how sad there are no recommendations from this learned group.

I'm kind of leaning to this one.

TMTjZxZ.jpg

Price ? Not my money.

Watch out, if you keep missing obvious stuff that you asked for, some politician is gonna come looking for your weapons!

A little paranoid aren't you ?

After doing a diligent look and from talking with a few LE's about the 10mm and taking my own experience with moon clips when i had a .45 M1917 in the 60's I don't think I would be comfortable with a 3" in 10mm that needed moon clips.

I do thank the posters for the recommendation.

Ammo selection aside I want to stick with what I have in a basic load out.

My question was centered around the GP100's in .357 in 3".

How does the blue finish on the custom GP100's hold up. I have bought SS to avoid the wear on my previous Python's years ago.

I hate to boring I'm old. Next I will have to look into what the .327 is and why I would add another set of dies or even bullets .

I caught so much flack over the 3" .44 SPL. here and why didn't I just get a .44 MAG well I have a .44 MAG.

Again thank you for the comments. I still have a week to decide.

28nHBJ5.jpg

Rclark

Hunter
I caught so much flack over the 3" .44 SPL
Not from me :) . I much prefer the .44 Specials over the .44Mag for my .44 shooting. I have the Talo 3" with wood grips and gold dot front sight. I do have to get a smaller wood grip though for CC purposes. Someday!

As for bluing. If you shoot it, holster it, use it.... You are going to get get wear marks on the bluing. Bluing isn't a diamond coating .... It will show wear over time. I don't mind as it just gives the revolver character. I prefer bluing over stainless myself, but do own a couple stainless revolvers and pistols.

Oh, and I do like the blued revolver you are 'leaning' toward. Not bad for a DA revolver.

Latest posts