Gun show find.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Kandy Kisses

Single-Sixer
Hi, so I purchased a rss5w because of the serial number and thought it scarce. It is 343319 small numbers and marked single six, it is a red grip frame , steel ejector rod housing , no numbers on the cylinder, no inc on bbl, and it has been converted with transfer bar[to bad]. I have looked through RENE and cant seem to nail it down, I know I need to send for factory letter but I thought every one might want to know scarce guns are out there. Oh frame is marked single six. Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks Ken.

Yep, a Single-Six from very late in 1962, probably a convertible. I'm assuming it has a .22LR cylinder and a 5-1/2" barrel.

Go to page 38 in RENE Reference of Ruger Firearms, Volume One.

Yours is VERY close to mine, from Christmas of 1962.

:mrgreen:

Kandy Kisses

Single-Sixer
Yes 51/2 bbl 22lr cyl but its not scribed, no mag cyl. I missed that short phrase Type 1 transition. 5600 made ? I sure don't see many. Thanks

chet15

Hawkeye
Kandy Kisses, your gun could either be an RSS5W (LR only) and RSS5X (convertible).
The only way to tell for sure would be by factory letter.
By the time your gun was produced only a very small percentage of the 5-1/2" barrel length were being sold as the RSS5W LR only, so these are very scarce.
If it does letter as RSS5W, there would considerably less than the estimated 5,600 of the RSS5X convertible of this variation.
Chet15