Grips for a Super Redhawk???

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Rafsob

Single-Sixer
Looking for some different options on grips for my new Super Red Hawk. Any good links out there folks?

98Redline

Blackhawk
Nill Griffe grips are nice (I have a set on my Redhawk) but unless you can get them from another distributer for less than MSRP, $133 for a set of non custom grips is awfully expensive.

feets

Bearcat
I'm desperately searching for a set of over sized grips for my SRH. The Hogue/Ruger grips are killing me. They're simply too narrow for my hand.
I called Hogue today and they had nothing wider without going custom.

Steve in PA

Bearcat
I've got the Hogue tamer grips on my .44mag SRH and love them. I have large hands (wear XL gloves) and shoot heavy 240 or 300 grain loads without any issues.

Maximumbob54

Bearcat
Have you tried the one piece grip that uses the inserts on the side for the screw? They feel thicker in the grip area to me. Altamont is making them now.

98Redline

Blackhawk
I have both the one piece grip (original Lett item) and a set of Pachmyrs on my .480 SRH. The Pachs, even though they feel thinner in my hand, soak up much more of the recoil than the one piece Letts.

The other thing about the Pachs is that they are longer than the Letts. This allows me to get a bit better grip on the gun and be able to control the recoil a little better.

MaxP

Buckeye
On the SRH I like the Hogue Tamers. I think they are the best option for out-of-the-box grips.