Grip Screw

Help Support Ruger Forum:

agjames96

Bearcat
I just got a set of sim Ivory Bisley grips with black eagles for my stainless Bisley Single Six. They did not come with an screw and the one that I have is too large.

Where can I find this small, gold colored screw?

contender

Ruger Guru
IF they are Ruger factory grips,, contact Ruger. If not,, I'd find out who made the grips & contact them. Next,, a trip to any gunsmith could most likely get you the screw you need.

agjames, if you are saying a "smalll gold colored screw.." that is NOT the screw that came with th "factory" simulated ivoryplastic grips, they used the 'standard stainless ( white) screw, just like in the other "new model grip panels...sounds like you have after market grips, so would need to know the thread size ,ala such as Ajax, etc..........otherwise, one has to obtain a "set" ,escutcheons male & female? (open or threaded) with matching screw.

caryc

Hawkeye
Ruger uses a #6-40 screw on their grips. A lot of the aftermarket grips use a smaller #5-40 screw. You can get those at Brownells, although not gold colored.

But I assume that the gold colored screw is actually brass. I've seen brass #5-40 screws available but can't recall right off hand where.

J Miller

Blackhawk
I found some #5-40 screws at a local hardware store. They were zinc plated and a bit too long but worked.
They aren't a common thing but phone calls are free.

Joe

AKGrouch

Bearcat
I recently got some 5-40 brass screws at Lowe's of all places. Hated to use brass on stag grips but that's what the ecstuchens were made of and I didn't want to take a chance of cracking the grips by removing them and replacing them with steel.

G2

Hunter
AKGrouch":13d0vs5r said:
I recently got some 5-40 brass screws at Lowe's of all places. Hated to use brass on stag grips but that's what the ecstuchens were made of and I didn't want to take a chance of cracking the grips by removing them and replacing them with steel.

Suggestion; a drop or two of brass black will take care of the brass look and give em a blued steel look.

Birchwood Casey Brass Black

Latest posts