Grip KARMA Drawing - A Time for Reflection

Help Support Ruger Forum:

pvtschultz

Blackhawk
It's been a pretty rough year in the Schultz family so far. I lost my father back in April somewhat unexpectedly due to effects of years of excessive drinking. He and I weren't terribly close during the last few years which I contribute mostly to my stubbornness. My youngest son (3 y/o) hardly got a chance to meet him and only knows that he went to heaven. I can't say that he was the best father that a man could ask for especially given his drinking, but he had a huge heart and would never harm a fly. He was the man that taught me how to work with wood as a very young child and unfortunately he took more knowledge with him than I probably have now. He's been greatly missed but his passing has allowed me the chance to self-reflect on my own life and make a few positive changes. As a result, I have concentrated a bit less on grips as some of you may have noticed due my absence from the forums this year. This is all the result of my trying to spend a lot more time with my children and my wife while still trying to meet the financial needs of my young family.

My father worked for a local sawmill during the past 30 years or so after a short career as a carpenter and mason. He loved working with White Oak (for some reason) and never passed on the opportunity for some free lumber. In one of his outbuildings was a slab of crotch figured white oak that we are guessing he was saving for me because he knew that I made grips and kept a piece of wood for me here and there. I've promised myself and him in his passing that I would not profit from this piece of wood and would instead use it for greater purposes. I made the first set of grips for myself to celebrate #800 and to have a piece of his memory on my Blackhawk. The remaining sets will be sold with the proceeds being passed along to the Stars and Stripes Honor Flight group of the charity of one's choosing in both mine and my customer's names. I have enough material for about 6 sets of grips worth ~$360 in charitable contributions.

I am also going to give away one set in this KARMA drawing in his memory. The winner of the drawing can have a set of grips made to fit either the XR3-RED grip frame of the Blackhawks, the OM XR3 grip frame, the New Vaquero "New XR3", or the Super Blackhawk Dragoon grip frame. To enter, just post a "throw my name in the hat" and I'll draw sometime between now and the 4th of July. Like I said, I'm concentrating a bit less on grips now so I might be a bit sloppy with the drawing date.

Robert E. Schultz
March 14, 1951 - January 10, 2012
1515.jpg

sshf-logo.png

http://starsandstripeshonorflight.org/index.php

800-1.jpg

800-2.jpg
[/url]

BigBull

Bearcat
Sorry for the loss of your father, I too lost my dad not to long ago so i truely feel you loss. Please put my name the the hat for the grips,

Thank you,

Randy

Olsherm

Blackhawk
Sorry to hear about your father.I feel your loss as I lost my father in 1977.We farmed together and hunted together until I left the farm in 1969 and went into public work.I got too busy then to help him much(my fault). If I had it to do over I would have taken more time to do a few things but hind sight is 20/20.I miss him still.

Please inter my name in the karma. olsherm THANKS
May God Richly Bless you and your family.

Your father was not much older than me, much too young to pass on. Please put my name in the hat and if I win my Super will wear his grips with pride.
Thanks.

Beauetienne

Single-Sixer
Sorry to hear about your father's passing. I wish the best for you and your family in dealing with this.

Please throw my name in the hat.

Sam Johnson

Blackhawk
Sorry to hear of your Fathers passing. My Dad and Mom have been gone 10 years but I still miss them every day.
Please throw my name in for this great Karma.

gunman42782

Hunter
As the others have said, sorry to hear about your dad. It is very hard to lose your father. Please throw my name in the hat.

Salmoneye

Single-Sixer
My Father died a few years back, and I understand all of what you wrote about yours...

Although I would be honored to own the grips you will make from your Father's wood, please DO NOT PUT ME IN THE DRAWING!...

I make a few grips myself, and would not feel right getting drawn when others could benefit more than I...

I simply wanted to post as your story touched me...

contender

Ruger Guru
Add me to the list. My dad left us in 1994, and I too miss him. He was tough, yet kind as well. If I win, I will do something special with the grips to honor him.

rich e

Single-Sixer
So sorry for your loss, I would love to have a set of grips with such a heart warming story to go with them. Please put my name in the hat. rich e

BIgMuddy

Blackhawk
I too am sorry for your loss. Please add my name. I also really respect and appreciate the charity you have chosen for the other grips. Good one on you Carl.

Dan

sbyrd

Single-Sixer
I am very sorry for your loss please put my name in the drawing.
sbyrd

Thank you Scott

Phalanx429

Bearcat
Sorry to hear of the loss of your father. I lost my father when I was 11 years old. I'm especially sorry to hear that your relationship with him in his latter years was "wanting." However, we are comforted in knowing that time really does heal all wounds and that your children will grow up with but fond memories of their grandfather. Please enter my name in the hat for your drawing...I'd be proud to help honor your fathers memory. As a retired Navy Chief Petty Officer, I too support our military and those Honor Flights...

v/r
Phalanx429

Knuckles

Buckeye
I'm still grieving over my Dad's passing almost three years ago... hang in there .

I'll join the karma, thanks'

Bud (knuckles)