Greetings from CT

Help Support Ruger Forum:

domstar

Bearcat
Hey all,

Dad is not great with the internet so he & I are sharing this account. Greetings from CT! Long time lurkers but new to posting and all!

domstar

Bearcat
Welcome from Arizona

Thank you, sir! I've only been out West once (Dad lived in CA for a while when he was younger) and it was to Tempe. Really enjoyed Arizona, I hope it has managed ok in the years since.

Maybe one of y'all can help me, who do I ask about the rules of posting up things for sale? Dad and I have a couple very unique single actions (one on gb now) that we are looking to find a buyer on

My email is [email protected] if that helps anything, anyone feel free to shoot me an email 😁 thanks

bobski

Hunter
secret is not to live beyond your means, ignore tv news, and take a lot of humble pills. segregate, segregate, segregate. use socio-economic classing to its max, dont let the marxists force multi-culturalism down your throat, and ignore the influx of 3rd world ideals. remember, its (new ENGLAND) not... new central america or new africa.
i shoot at wallingford r&g and raccoon club on occasion. im in seymour. i tried meriden but all they want to do is fish.
our real home is in hampton roads. ct is my parents home. im just there to close the door on that chapter of my life as mom ages and goes to glory.

Last edited:

harley08

Blackhawk
secret is not to live beyond your means, ignore tv news, and take a lot of humble pills. segregate, segregate, segregate. use socio-economic classing to its max, dont let the marxists force multi-culturalism down your throat, and ignore the influx of 3rd world ideals. remember, its (new ENGLAND) not... new central america or new africa.
i shoot at wallingford r&g and raccoon club on occasion. im in seymour. i tried meriden but all they want to do is fish.
our real home is in hampton roads. ct is my parents home. im just there to close the door on that chapter of my life as mom ages and goes to glory.
I have shot at the wallingford range - I lived in BPT, Ct. then Stratford, Ct There used to be a gun club that had its own range that I belonged to (Stratford Gun club?) I moved to NC more freedom here. I shoot in the backyard ( W/suppresor sometimes) or in the field behind the house.

wws

Bearcat
Welcome. I lived in CT for 64 years and I now living in SC.
I certainly don't miss the high cost of living in CT.

domstar

Bearcat
I moved up here for similar reasons, like you, my parents met here before they took off to live elsewhere around the country, eventually had me (born in Hollywood FL) and the rest is history. I lived with both of them after the divorce, first with Dad and then up to the Piedmont with Mom at high school age. Lived pretty comfortably in Greensboro through the better part of my 20s, then made my way up here because Dad followed his mother to take care of her through those late years, and I guess now I'm doing the same.

Have you been to NE Sporting Arms before? We've dealt with the owner, I wonder if we have a six degrees type of connection!

Last edited:

domstar

Bearcat
Welcome. I lived in CT for 64 years and I now living in SC.
I certainly don't miss the high cost of living in CT.
I couldn't get used to it and still can't. The cost of everything is absurd here, and people still don't bat an eyelash. CT has I read the biggest pocket of scratch off players in the U.S. too. I don't know how they do it when I see them ahead of me in the line.

Imagine getting years of raises until you are making almost 3x minimum wage on your payscale, and then when you transfer with the company to a location here you're making just a little over the minimum, slightly ahead of the McDonalds crew. No COLA provided. I walked around in a daze thinking about that for almost my whole first year here.

Where in SC? Cheers

domstar

Bearcat
I have shot at the wallingford range - I lived in BPT, Ct. then Stratford, Ct There used to be a gun club that had its own range that I belonged to (Stratford Gun club?) I moved to NC more freedom here. I shoot in the backyard ( W/suppresor sometimes) or in the field behind the house.

I used to live in NC. Winston-Salem area and Greensboro. The move was LITERALLY like putting yourself in chains. Just cut your entire financial picture and lifestyle right in half, hah

Latest posts