Great Day today!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
Today was my birthday, and I told Nita that I had to go to the bank and when I got back for her to be ready and we'd go somewhere. Well, she was sitting on ready when I got home.

We drove east out of Memphis toward the town of Collierville. The drive was a good road, the day was bright and sunny, and the fall foliage was spectacular! Trees of gold, lemon yellow, dark red and bright red were mingled together along the way. Cypress trees are their brown shade now, and green pines broke up the fall colors at times. As noon approached I knew of a good restaurant not too far away in the town of Arlington, Tennessee. This was the Olympic Steak house and Pizza. So we stopped for that. I had a rib eye steak with loaded mashed potatoes whole Nita opted for the catfish & hush puppies. And great garlic bread, slightly tough crust with great bread inside!

We got home and my daughter in Ohio called and we talked awhile. (Daughter in Texas had called earlier.) By supper time we just had a bowl of ice cream drizzled with chocolate syrup and one chocolate chip cookie.

A good day, indeed!

Bob Wright

dwayne

Single-Sixer
Happy birthday Mr. Wright! Your evident love of life is even more classic than your impeccable revolver collection. Kudos to you and your bride!