GP100 Holster

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ruger1228

Bearcat
Just purchased a GP100 4" on Friday. Thinking about getting Galco DAO 104 Holster for it. Anyone use this holster and what are your thoughts on it?
Thanks for the help
thom

bigflash1

Bearcat
Welcome to the GP100 club! I've not owned one of the Galco holsters, but do have a very nice holster I got from Simply Rugged. It's very comfortable and protects the firearm very well. I also bought a simple Fobus that I use in IDPA shoots. Biggest thing I have found is regardless of the holster, it's the belt that will make or break the usability. Just my $.02

GP100man

Buckeye
bigflash1":26vp17fk said:
Welcome to the GP100 club! I've not owned one of the Galco holsters, but do have a very nice holster I got from Simply Rugged. It's very comfortable and protects the firearm very well. I also bought a simple Fobus that I use in IDPA shoots. Biggest thing I have found is regardless of the holster, it's the belt that will make or break the usability. Just my $.02

Another WELCOME !!!

I`ll agree with bigflash1 a good belt is a must , with out a belt to support the holster is like puttin street tires on a 4x4 & going muddin !!!

I use pheonix style holsters for OC & a fletch between the pants & belt for CC mostly in winter though , I opt for a smaller revolver in summer.

BK

Bearcat
Also have a Simply Rugged holster for my GP-100. It is well made and Rob was great to work with. Need to order a good belt to carry it with - thinking of Beltman in Apex, NC.

Enjoy your gun.

nn

Single-Sixer
ruger1228":2g5hed6z said:
Just purchased a GP100 4" on Friday. Thinking about getting Galco DAO 104 Holster for it. Anyone use this holster and what are your thoughts on it?
Thanks for the help
thom
I would if I did not have a DAO128. DAO is a great holster and will work with all N frames and similar sized Rugers. In my case the holster is long for a 4" barrel, but, the upper part fits so I make do; then it fits longer barreled handguns.