Got my Xdm 3.8!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ConradM

Blackhawk
One thing that's real nice about the XDm... It's very easy to chamber a round. You can ride the slide as slow as you want and the bullet will seat without protest. Very different from the SR9...

GaryT

Bearcat
revhigh":2ml0yyr6 said:
I still don't get the front slide serrations and the even stupider rail ... is this thing not for concealed carry ???? It sucks how the makers of all these tacticool pistols have forgotten what the hell their purpose is. THey just continue to junk up their guns because they think that gives them a marketing edge (or lack of one).

I wouldn't buy one JUST BECAUSE of that ... I don't mean THIS gun, I mean ANY of them. If anything, CCW pistols should be MELTED and smooth, not have all these dumb slots, slide serrations, and other crap to catch things on. Especially bad is the stupid slots WITHIN the even stupider rail ... that makes it even worse. :D

Other than that ... it's beautiful ...

REV

Rev,
Your posts are always good reading...some things I agree with, some I don't, but I always find something interesting and informative in them. In this case, my heart is warmed by someone who shares my opinions. We must really be in the minority with the dislike of forward serrations and tactical rails. I searched for awhile to find a non-railed P345, then I had to look for a 1911 without the front serrations...so far, so good. Now, if I could figure out a way to get rid of the rail on my SR9 and my M&P 9, I'd be a really happy camper!

revhigh

Hawkeye
LOL Gary !!! Yeah, those front slide serrations really get my dander up ! I 'may' have to forgive the gun for having them if I ever find a SS Loaded Target Trophy, but even then I just won't look at them or touch them. You can't blame the poor gun for what it's idiot designers did, right ?

I don't so much mind rails on a gun that should have a rail ... but on a sub-compact or compact CCW gun .... NOT !!!

REV

ConradM

Blackhawk
I like the front serrations for press checks and just plain looks. I have the LCI but I still like doing press checks.

The XDm is my carry gun and my nightstand gun so the rail is very much needed for the weapon light.

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
^ It doesn't have a loaded chamber indicator?

I passed on the Colt LW Commander some years ago because of those stupid front serrations. And I'm half looking around for a pre-rail P220 to replace my railed model. If only I could get one without the uber tactical square trigger guard, too... I specifically got an old German P228 so I could have a gun with neither, but it's a 9mm.

-- Sam

ArmedinAZ

Buckeye
OK Conrad, time to spill your guts. You've been one of the more ardent supporters of the SR9 platform through it's different problems. Now that you have another similar 9mm plastic pistola that you've shot a couple of times how does it compare to the SR9? You say the XDM is now your SD/HD weapon so you must be comfortable with it and trust it.

Tell us what you really think, don't hold back. :wink:

ConradM

Blackhawk
ArmedinAZ":126jlmar said:
OK Conrad, time to spill your guts. You've been one of the more ardent supporters of the SR9 platform through it's different problems. Now that you have another similar 9mm plastic pistola that you've shot a couple of times how does it compare to the SR9? You say the XDM is now your SD/HD weapon so you must be comfortable with it and trust it.

Tell us what you really think, don't hold back. :wink:

Posted another range report today.

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB/viewtop ... d9b5f9e00a