Got A NEW SR1911

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Blacktop

Bearcat
Well I Recently got a SR1911 for $669.00 The store was selling lots of them and have to say I love it. fired 100 rounds so far without a problem. Did notice the slide loosened up a bit afterwards. The only thing i hate is the sound of the aluminum trigger clinking back and forth when you handle the gun and I hope that the slide doesnt loosen up even more after another 100.

gstan1919

Single-Sixer
Welcome to the forum.
I got mine at the same place and paid the same price.
I hated that noisy trigger also.
So I changed it myself. Took my time in fitting it to the frame. Now I no longer have that up and down floppy trigger.

P1010127.jpg

P1010128-1.jpg

revhigh

Hawkeye
gstan1919 said:
revhigh said:
Ah ... the old skateboard tape trick !!

REV

Yup. Hey it works.

Yeah ... I recommended that to a guy a few months ago who was considering getting his front strap checkered. Suggested he try that first. :D

REV

Blacktop

Bearcat
gstan1919 said:
Welcome to the forum.
I got mine at the same place and paid the same price.
I hated that noisy trigger also.
So I changed it myself. Took my time in fitting it to the frame. Now I no longer have that up and down floppy trigger.

P1010127.jpg

P1010128-1.jpg

Can you move your slide up and down a 1/16"

The Wall

Single-Sixer
After reading yours and others comments on the loose slide and trigger noise I had to check mine. I've had over 500 rounds through mine and the slide is still tight and so is the trigger. I can make the trigger move if I grab it and push it back and forth, but it doesn't move on it's own or does it make any noise when I shake the gun vigorously. When I grab the slide in any condition I might get it to move up and down 1/64" if that. Slides are made to go back and forth not up and down, and from everything I've heard and read this play is normal for a 1911 after break in. You want to see play in a slide check out a Springfield XD. I have two of them in different sizes with thousands of rounds through them and they have better accuracy than the 1911. When my Sr1911 is in battery it is very tight after hundreds of rounds, so I don't know if you guys have a problem or not. Probably not, but if it's going to bother you, take it to a gunsmith and have him check it out. If you do don't tell him what you think is wrong with it. Just tell him you want to have it checked out for safety.

gstan1919

Single-Sixer
Can you move your slide up and down a 1/16"[/quote]

No, It moves maybe .013". I measured it with dial calipers.

Blacktop

Bearcat
I shot another 100 rounds through it without any problems and the slide didn't get any looser so that's good. I really enjoy this gun. Later today ill use my calipers to check my play and post it here.

The Wall

Single-Sixer
How about you guys that are talking about play clarifying where the play is and how you're checking. Maybe post some pictures showing where your checking it. Also what condition the gun is in. Example: Condition 1-Round chambered,full magazine, and cocked and locked.

Latest posts