got a LCP today

Help Support Ruger Forum:

2fast4u

Single-Sixer
well actually my grandpa did, we took it home and i taught him how to clean and lube it( even though i will be the one doing it all the time). took it to the range and put 50 target rounds down the lane and 6 HPs. not one hiccup.
him being 5'9 and 270lbs even his sr9c was hard for him to conceal so he got the little .380.
it shot a little low at 25' but its not made to shoot that far. when we moved it to 15' it was dead on.
Ruger has another winner

rfd339

Bearcat
Congrats on the lcp , just got one the other day and like it a good bit .

Raminator

Bearcat
Yep, the LCP is a great weapon for concealed carry when even a small gun is too much gun.

About the low shooting, the LCP was designed to have the target covered by the front sight at 7 yards. Mine shot low (about 5") because I lined up my sights the way I would on my Beretta 92 (target resting above the front sight). When I covered the target, the gun shot dead center each time. YMMV.

gusso

Bearcat
Yeah, I got my LCP last fall. To me, a carry piece is only good if you have it on you, and with bigger guns you tend to leave them home more times than not. You don't even realize you have this with you -- with a nemesis holder in your front packet, it's less of a pain to bring along than a wallet.