Good Buy?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

dwd

Single-Sixer
price sounds right to me but I notice that it costs another $25 to get it shipped to you which makes it $410, shipped
Budsgunshop has them for $411 with free shipping, everyday. So there's no hurry to buy it before the auction ends

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
Don't know about your location, but here a local shop has an annual 3 day Ruger blow out sale with a couple of Ruger reps on hand to answer any questions. Instead of going on line, you might ask some local shops if they do the same thing. I know Ruger does this with many shops around the country.

surfsafe

Bearcat
I have an SR9C and I like the trigger; also the lack of recoil. I tried Glocks as rentals and while they were good, I found the Ruger to be better, especially vs. the Glock 19. I put a Hogue grip on the Ruger to fatten up the grip, however. Again, just my preference. I also like the safeties on the Rugers. Unfortunately, I purchased at the height of the panic a year ago and had to pay Gander Mountain's high price, so anything today is a bargain in comparison.

cjs1945

Single-Sixer
I paid $410.00 plus tax for all my SR pistols at LGS, after you pay $411.00 for that one you still have to pay the FFL in your state to receive it and do paper work and that generally runs $25.00 or more. Only handguns i have ever found on line that were good deals were used ones that were hard to find, like a Security Six i got three months ago. The SR9c like the other SR pistols, is a great choice, pleasant to shoot with low recoil, accurate and reliable. It has a really nice trigger right out of the box and is happy with most any ammo.

Conn AK

Single-Sixer
Paid $440 for my SR9c. The trigger is awesome in my opinion. Certainly better than my SR9-which has a very good trigger as well, but not in there with the SR9c trigger. Both great guns.

Clovishound

Blackhawk
1 American said:
I've never owned a Ruger handgun or a 9mm. What is the trigger like on an SR9C compared to a glock? Is this a good deal for a SR9C? http://www.gunpalace.com/index.cfm?ref=12100&ref3=4

In my experience there is no comparison. The trigger on the SR9c is significantly better than the Glocks I have shot. Additionally, the lack of a manual safety on the Glock takes it off the list of weapons I will carry. YMMV

Latest posts