Gift giving fun

Help Support Ruger Forum:

contender

Ruger Guru
I posted this in a different thread,, but I thought that many may miss it,, and it was just too much fun not to share.
It's about 2 Christmas gifts,, given 2 years apart. Enjoy.

My new MicroTech knife,, was a neat gift,, as it's a different model than the one we gave to my youngest son 2 years ago. Yet, it was custom done to match my son's,, so we have a special pair now. But the fun REALLY came in,, on how they were wrapped.
Two years ago,, my oldest,, (who works for Microtech,) found an out of production model that he did up special for his brother. We went in together to pay for it,, and then the oldest said to make it hard to open,, so he could offer a knife to open it.
Well, I put the knife in a box, wrapped the box as a present. Then, wrapped that present in a bunch of wrapping foam, boxed that, and wrapped it as a present. Then, I put that present in a plastic bag, and buried it in a box full of liquid expanding foam called "Great Stuff" to solidify it all. That box got wrapped as a present.
We all enjoyed watching my youngest fight to get into the final box. But he truly loved the knife.
Well, my oldest found a different model, again, out of production, and had it custom done to match his brothers knife for me.
And while they didn't go to all the steps I did,, they did wrap it in plastic, then duct tape, in a bag of liquid foam. BUT,,,,,,,,,,,, then, they wrapped all that in another layer of expanding foam,, BEFORE the first baggie of foam got hard. (It wasn't planned that way.) Well, when I opened the bigger box, and saw all the hard foam, I started laughing. Then, as I was cutting into it,, and got into the inner bag,, the still liquid foam,, which is VERY sticky,, started getting all over my hands & such.
So, I got foam all over myself & 2 knives as I TRIED to get into it w/o making too much of a mess.
The boys & girls,, all enjoyed watching me struggle with it,, and it was even videoed. (I haven't seen the video yet.)
So, now,, there is a pair of limited special order MicroTech knives in the family, that match.

Now to plan my gift wrapping revenge for next year! :D

contender

Ruger Guru
The foam idea is fun,, but for the sanity of all,,, allow it to expand & dry before adding more. And, of course,,, protect the item you are foaming in with something to keep the foam off it.

My devious mind has already developed a "step up" method of package revenge. All in fun of course. Sadly,, I'm not gonna share it,,, because my youngest (and possibly my oldest,) MIGHT lurk here to see what I may be doing.
Plus,, I have to work out the details,, and I have a whole year to do so!

Latest posts