"Gee Whiz" projects.......

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
As to your revolvers, do you ever do any "Gee Whiz" projects? That is, some project that has absolutely no practical value, but something that just intrigues you anyway?

This from my .45 Xtra Short Colt project. And a few years ago I half way got into building a S&W Model 29 into a .45 S&W with a Model 625 full lug barrel. Worked up the .45 S&W (this before the .45 S&W (Schofield) was re-introduced. I got a Jim Dandy load using the 230 gr. Hornady flat point bullet and using cut down .45 Colt cases. But then, never built the revolver as planned. The ammunition developement centered around a Model 25 in .45 Colt.

Bob Wright

Coop

Blackhawk
Here's one of my favorites. The shoulder holster and ASM full size brass frame 1858 Remington C&B revolver were back-to-back door prizes at 2000 and 2001 Winter Range CAS competition in AZ. Holster is as original, but I smithed the Remmie down to a Sheriff model with shortened recrowned barrel, loading lever block, rounded butt frame, faux ivory grips, and relocated front sight. It shoots POA at 15 yards.

I will wear this outfit along with my Louisiana sheriff's costume (boots, jeans, shirt, vest, hat, frock coat, badges, black hat, etc.) at our traditional Cajun Mardi-Gras dance here in Pittsburgh this Saturday night (2/6/16).

Varminterror

Blackhawk
Projects that don't really make sense, but were a lot of fun?

Pair of 3" 44mag Vaqueros.
2.5" New Vaquero Convertible
2.5" Single Six 32 H&R
10" AOW club handled SxS 12ga for my wife (NFA)

One might argue that a 7.5" 357-44 B&D Mag Redhawk doesn't make a lot of sense, but I'm working on hunting deer at 250yrds, so it's designed to be practical... Just not for most folks...

Latest posts