Picked up a couple projects

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Aggie01

Blackhawk
Saw these at Cabela's yesterday and couldn't leave the store without em.
Sorry for the picture quality, had too much going on last night to set up right.

The first is a poorly nickeled OM . 45.
Polished out ERH, grip frame..and rear sight.
lettering is still crisp, except for the R in Ruger on the frame.
Your eyes aren't fooling you, that is a blue hammer pivot screw.
Original lockwork, as original as nickel with peeling gold plate on top of it can be. The haze on the barrel above the address is a fingerprints - under the nickel. Also, drilled and tapped for a scope.
Wow, huh? I'm a sucker for hopeless projects.
DSCN1045.jpg

This was a prize for me, such a shame that the nicer gun has the worse picture.
OM SBH, very slick high polish finish - except where the end of the barrel is discolored from the soldering on of the front sight after a barrel chop.
DSCN1044.jpg

I think i did all right on the set.
$600 for the pair - and activated a $150 Cabelas gift card by buying them.
I figure I can make my money back parting them out if I have to, if I can get ol' sad and shiny stripped reasonably.

DCRuger

Single-Sixer
Thanks, interesting, still a great deal I'd think.
In mid70's I sent back a used Mk1 w/muzle break I had bought used in '68. It was $15 then and they said not to return it with any custom grips. So, I sent it off without grips. It came back polished/blued MUCH nicer than new, WITH NEW GRIPS on it and $28 ( then prices) of parts replaced free!
My Father In Law and I were so thrilled we bought a few old Blackhawks at gun shows, removed grips and sent back only to be returned beautiful with new grips!!
$15....what a deal!!

seeemmiss

Single-Sixer
Sold a nickeled gun to Hamilton Bowen once and saw it when he got done with it. WOW!! I would have never believed it was the same gun. I think he sent it to someone in Florida to get it striped but can't be sure.

Motex66

Single-Sixer
Great catch. I am over in Keller and was thinking of going to Cabela's with the grandkids. Might as well stay here now I guess. That's Ok I'm still in the dog house for last weeks purchases anyway. Thanks for buying and posting the pics.
John