For What It's Worth!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

The Blackhawk Kid

Blackhawk
:arrow: I just installed a 30 oz. trigger return spring in my NM SBH Bisley. I ordered the Wolff reduced power TRS from Brownell's. The 30 oz spng is dimensionally the same as the factory spring with the exception the factory one is a little heavier and it has a dog leg bend in it. In about 7 minutes the job was complete, and I function tested the gun before I put the grips back on. Man what a difference. Of course I had to try it out back and was pleasantly surprised. The action is smoother ( I smoothed it up by stoning burrs). I was shooting bowling pins at 45 yards with a 3.75 inch Bisley 44. IF I do my job on the trigger, accuracyis superb... I am not an experienced revolver shooter, but small improvements can really help my shooting. If any Forum members have a similar revolver and want to improve the trigger pull, try a new 30 oz Trigger Return Spring. Let's hear anybody else's story. Good Shooting! :mrgreen: BHK :mrgreen: P.S. Forgot to mention that trigger pull is 3 1/2#.

Rclark

Hunter
You are right, cutting down the trigger pull weight does help. I've used the springs with decent results as well as the plain o' poor-mans-trigger job. This has worked well for me over the years. A few of my revolvers are still setup that way. However....

Then my gunsmith shoot one of my guns and he said.... "We gotta do something about this!". So I let him have at it...., since then, I have been cycling my SA's through him. Once you have a 'real' tune up, the other methods just pale is comparison. I only have one .45 Colt revolver left that hasn't received the full treatment. Then on to the rest of my .44Spec and Mag revolvers.... Crisp 1.5# (target guns) to 2# (field) trigger pulls and smooth actions. Can't beat it.

Chuckbuster

Single-Sixer
If you really want to smooth it up get with member Lance Shively about his Trigger Shims
triggershims.com
will get you there I think.
Kevin