Favorite Ruger

Help Support Ruger Forum:

larryofcc

Bearcat
I have had this Ruger New Model Single Six for many years now. I like it so much, I had a $100 holster custom made for it.
It is a stainless gun with the scarce 4 3/4" bbl., but even scarcer is that it is a "Star" single cylinder model.
It has Lett grips and according to the lady at Ruger when I bought them, the very last pair they had, and Lett had retired. I also have the original grips.
I also have two other "Star" Rugers. Big Larry

standard.jpg

These are great little revolvers.

Never knew why this barrel length was never a catalogued option, but surfaces as a distributor exclusive every now-and-then. 8)

The Star model also makes sense to me, as I almost never use the magnum cylinder in these revolvers.

larryofcc

Bearcat
WAYNO said:
These are great little revolvers.

Never knew why this barrel length was never a catalogued option, but surfaces as a distributor exclusive every now-and-then. 8)

The Star model also makes sense to me, as I almost never use the magnum cylinder in these revolvers.
I had 3 of the remakes and they were just about a perfect copy, but they had magnum cylinders with the standard one. This little gun is perfect for riding in my 4 wheeler. Actually, it is more accurate than my 5 screw S&W 22 Combat Masterpiece. Big Larry

I've got one like that. Mine doesn't have the star, but it has both cylinders and the 200th year designation on the frame. Nice gun. I mostly carry my 5.5" that I've carried for years. Thinking I should try the magnum cylinder a little more often.

Even with the occasional re-release of this barrel length as a convertible and as a distributor exclusive, each time there seems to be a variation.

from right to left...
Walnut grip panels and billboard on the side of the barrel,

Rosewood grip panels and billboard beneath the barrel,

Plywood grip panels and no billboard.

reuben_j_cogburn

Blackhawk
This one... Just because when I do have a handgun with me at the homestead it is this one. Not because of any special history or attachment. My other handguns are mostly in storage.....

UGDnzn9.jpg