Favorite leather holster for vaquero black etc?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

tek4260

Buckeye
I would recommed a Bianchi 1L as well. The custom jobs are very nice, but they aren't much better than the 1L. Plus I can get them at wholesale, which puts them in line pricewise with Hunters and the nylon junk.

With that being said, don't pass on a nice custom. They are worth every penny. It just hurts my heart to look at em after stomping thru the saw briars :(

JWhitmore44

Blackhawk
chutch":1z3qpscx said:
I have an El Paso Duke Rig I like a bunch ..........
IMGP0821.jpg

That is a nice rig!

Ethang

Blackhawk
How is that Duke holster for everyday packing? I have always liked the looks of one but don't want a Hollywood holster that is not practical.

john guedry

Single-Sixer
Call me thrifty (cheap) but my Blackhawk rides in a Hunter holster. I kinda like the way the rear sight is protected.

JWhitmore44

Blackhawk
A double loop I made, works well for when I have a coat on and it needs to drop a little lower. Wear it John Wayne style just behind the right hip.

PA310007.jpg

holster02.jpg

Other than that I like cross draws quite a bit as the gun stays out of the way more for sitting, stepping over fences, and riding in the truck.

holster01_gun.jpg

The double loop has more coverage but with the cross draw it seems to be a little more out of the way from brush and the like.