FaceBook Ups Their Crazy

Help Support Ruger Forum:

redhawker

Buckeye
Got a notice this morning that one of my posts was removed for "...going against community standards..." Well, I've had a few and most were removed for ridiculous convoluted reasons but this one...well, I'll let you see it and you can decide (had to copy it in two parts and past it together it was so big which is why it didn't totally line up here)...
FB Crazy.jpg

...and mind you this was from January 18th! So, all of a sudden 7 months later this goes against their community standards? And, how? No explanation of how this violates their community standards. I don't even remember posting this but I probably did a "share" from some other page. Anyway...just weird IMHO. So far they didn't throw me in FB Jail, apparently just removed the post, which after 7 months anybody who might have been interested has seen it a long time ago.

noahmercy

Single-Sixer
After they deleted a post I made about "...punching ol' Arthur Itis in the nose" in a discussion about a friend's dog having joint issues, I realized just how completely, overwhelmingly, and unredeemably STUPID their algorithms are. I was apparently "promoting violence". Would have been the same thing if I referred to punching "big C", despite the fact that I bet 99% of the mushy-headed lefties that run that place would agree with me. SMH...

Mobuck

Hawkeye
I don't 'do FB'--never have & never will. Obviously, most of my thoughts/comments would violate their rules so no need to even think about it.
Grouch Attack spends probably 30-40% of her day on FB which is extremely irritating to me (maybe one reason she does so).

beentheredone

Single-Sixer
I can't say it enough -- quit Facebook. You will be a happier and healthier person. And if in addition you swear off watching any network newscast, you will add at least 20 quality years to your life.

freakindawgen

Single-Sixer
They are selective on their policing. Got jail for a post in distant past. This ornament didn't hang itself(Epstien) they actually hit me twice on the same one. A friend's page was hacked and running "stories" on the top of the page and was clickbait for a site. One was a shot of a wall with 6 3-D full size labias. I reported it and got a brushed off reply that said it was against FB standards! Next week I got silence for 72 hrs for saying someone in an article in a post had a nice butt. 😬

Gopher

Single-Sixer
I got a warning for promoting false information after laughing at a COVID post.
I was also locked out from Jan. 6, 2020, till late Jan. 20, 2020. What could have been going on they didn't want me commenting on?

whymhot

Bearcat
"community standards" My behind.
Left FB many years ago and never looked back.

Enigma

Hunter
FactCheck, er.. Facebook, or Meta, or whatever they call themselves now can go take a flying leap at a rolling donut. Canceling my account there was among the better decisions that I have made in my adult life.

Jon406

Bearcat
Noah had the fact checkers come out after he reported God told him it was going to rain and flood the earth, the fact checkers said he went against community standards.... and they all drowned.

dwayne

Single-Sixer
Never under estimate the power these systems have over the minds of people. They work! I have never had a Facebook account and never will. Facebook makes their revenue by people like you using the site. Your “clicks” and posts support Facebook and perpetuate its version of America. So, you have a choice. No need crying about what they did to you.

Sometime you must ask yourself "how important is it?". To me Facebook, Twitter, and other like items, are simply a distraction and unnecessary for me to engage in. This, and a couple other forums I frequent, are my "social media".