Ever wonder about $$

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Ever wonder where people come up with the prices they ask for various guns. I spotted this and wondered just what made it 'special'. Looks like a Super Bearcat to me and not that 'special'.
https://www.gunsamerica.com/965172760/Ruger-Bearcat-Old-Model.htm

They also post that the revolver has an "engraved cylinder", as if that was special on a Bearcat. They ALL have an 'engraved cylinder'.

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
Fox Mike said:
Ever wonder where people come up with the prices they ask for various guns. I spotted this and wondered just what made it 'special'. Looks like a Super Bearcat to me and not that 'special'.
https://www.gunsamerica.com/965172760/Ruger-Bearcat-Old-Model.htm

They also post that the revolver has an "engraved cylinder", as if that was special on a Bearcat. They ALL have an 'engraved cylinder'.

No. Everyone thinks they are "salesman of the year", or some kind of marketing whiz. :roll:

MY stuff is ultra-rare, highly collectible, and worth a king's ransom.

YOUR stuff is just everyday, common trash not worth owning.

Or something like that . . .

:wink:

sebtool

Blackhawk
Fox Mike said:

The price is what makes it special! Or possibly, it takes a 'special' type of buyer to bite the hook on that 1.... :roll:

gramps said:
Come on guys, it is an old model, it is engraved, it is in Texas ( everything is bigger there, including price). :mrgreen:
gramps
It is a 'Super'; there were only about 64000 of them made. Perhaps that is the reason for the elevated price...to equal the number produced. :) :) :roll:

Pat-inCO

Hawkeye
I found one of the M-12 holsters on eBay for $100.

Also found a brand new one on Amazon for one third that.
I'll just bet you know which one I bought ($35 delivered). :roll:

:D

Almost as bad as the clowns (recommended by BBB) that did some work on
my basement. First estimate was $4,500. Total so far (billed) is $18,000 and
insurance says $15,000 will be covered. :shock: - - - - I found most of the $3K in
double billing. I think it will be handled properly. 8)
AND . . . BBB is going to get an ear full. :evil:

It ain't just guns/accessories. :roll:

Colonialgirl said:
gramps said:
Come on guys, it is an old model, it is engraved, it is in Texas ( everything is bigger there, including price). :mrgreen:
gramps

NOPE Gramps; LOOK at the pictures it is a TWO SCREW NEW Model; not a three screw Old model.
It is an 'old model' as the Super was only produced for four years. New Models say "New Model" on the frame. I have never seen a three screw old model OR new model Bearcat. One of them WOULD bring a good price. :roll: :roll: :shock:

Latest posts