Even tiny revolvers need a nice holster. My NAA Super Compan

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Tallbald

Buckeye
I decided to see how tiny full flap holsters for my little cap and ball NAA would look. Actually harder to craft than a larger holster because Bertha Jo (my commercial machine) is like driving a semi tractor trailer to do my grocery shopping. Still pleased though with the beta test versions. Will become more refined with practice. Black is left hand.Input appreciated. Don.
P2164139.jpg

P2164140.jpg

P2164145.jpg

P2164133.jpg

P2164134.jpg

P2164137.jpg

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
Pretty neat! I like it. :D Looks like 8oz leather? Given the small size you might want to go thinner, maybe some exotic like a lined ostrich or snake?

woodsy

Blackhawk
I still don't understand how threads (with many pics) get posted to the "Ruger Revolvers" sub-forum, when they have NOTHING to do with any Ruger ever made. People who have an interest in other makes should visit thehighroad.com, or somewhere else. And please don't tell me how all-inclusive this forum is. The title of the sub-forum is: Ruger Revolvers.

JPGLSG

Blackhawk
Don, man you have got it going on. Now that is top drawer..........for a nano gun.

Tallbald

Buckeye
Thanks for the kind words everyone. Gunny yes it is 8OZ leather. It's what I use for my full size holsters, and next versions likely shall be made of 6OZ for the reasons I suspect you recognize. I make leather belt bags to match that look very much like Civil War era cartridge pouches. They nicely carry the NAA loading accessories. I use one to pack my magnum cylinder for my Single Sixes, and a Swiss Army knife. Don.

Oh. Moderators please delete this entire post as inappropriate and not in accordance with forum guidelines. I understand, and have shared the unusual as I wished to share. Don.

Tallbald

Buckeye
The Gallery would be nice if not any problem. I should have thought to choose that sub-forum anyhow. And thank you. Don Sterchi

Tallbald

Buckeye
Thank you so much. I wish additional crafters here on the forum were able to share photos of their creations. There's so much talent here in so many things. Mechanics, pilots, welders, gunsmiths, furniture builders....the list is endless. Our fascination with the products of Ruger tie us together. Don Sterchi

The Norseman

Blackhawk
Tallbald,
Thank you for sharing pictures of your projects and what
a great talent you have.

Since I seen your first post, I always look forward to your
posts.

Keep up the great work and good luck in your endeavor.

contender

Ruger Guru
Thanks for NOT deleting the post.
That's a neat holster & I don't recall seeing anything like it anywhere for a NAA or a FA mini revolver.
And I LIKE seeing such stuff here on our Ruger Forum,, as I do not think ANY of us are totally & absolutely JUST a Ruger fan. I have many different makes of firearms & enjoy seeing others with their goods. It's just that we do primarily focus on Rugers,,, but I've seen just about every other brand discussed around here over the years.
Heck,,, I recently listed some Luger parts for sale here,,, hoping a Ruger fan may need them BEFORE anybody else got a chance to own them.

Tallbald

Buckeye
I wish all good things to everyone here. Everyone. And the kind thoughts are gratefully acknowledged. Don Sterchi

Armybrat

Buckeye
Nice lookin' work, but where did you find such small cows to get those tiny hides?

Love my 30+ year old Mini, but had to put a boot grip on to hold it better:

52b25e04d4dcc191be40a75bcc78a9ff7a2d538.jpg