Even new .22 SP a Ruger "dud", to me

Help Support Ruger Forum:

63November

Single-Sixer
Personally, I don't like what I see quite as much as the first. In fact, I may buy one and see if anyone will trade an old one for this. BUt I guess I am in a minority in that I liked the older very rugged design of the first, a revolver that one could drop bare into the bottom of one's pack and not have to worry that something might get bent or broken - not that we ever did that. ;)

But this is long over-due; I happily welcome the return. It wouldn't surprise me if our family acquires four or five of them over the next several years.

scootergmc

Bearcat
I for one like it, but like I've said elsewhere:

I don't care for the half lug look and want a 10 round unfluted cylinder with a shorter barrel, backpacker style.... Whaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh why doesn't Ruger listen to me? :roll:

GaryA

Single-Sixer
63November, I agree there is much to like about the original SP in .22 and I am glad I have one with a 4 inch 1/2 lug barrel. I'm a'gittin one of these new ones, though. No doubt.

Flash

Buckeye
FastEd said:
Its a nice looking pistol except for that horrendous looking front sight. Do you need all that to shoot 25 yards? So at the most, I guessed $600.00.
I mised that one too...

If you look at the sight plane of the original, the crotch of the rear sight was down to the top strap. With the new adjustable rear sight, the height of the new front sight is needed for correct alignment. I guess they could have made a lower profile rear sight but they used what they had.
I personally like the whole package and sooner or later, someone will produce a replacement front sight blade other than HiViz. At least the gun is made of metal. :lol: