Even new .22 SP a Ruger "dud", to me

Help Support Ruger Forum:

CraigC

Hawkeye
Ruger has been more responsive to customer demand over the last several years than anyone could've ever predicted before. Yet, crap like this still gets flung.

You don't like it.

We get it.

Don't buy it.

Get over it.

Bucks Owin

Hunter
picketpin said:
I got to where I addressed my dad as "You Old Fart". He's gone now. But in the last few years I've noticed that I've become the "Old Fart". Time changes stuff, if we are lucky we are around to see it. Don't have to like it though. ;-)

Yes, we have become dinasaurs.

Ross

Good post...

This old dinosaur still dotes on old Flattops and OMBHs, and as my dad did, old M70s and M12s...

My 14 yr old son used to dote along with me, but now is more inclined towards black rifles and 1911s and he now (respectfully!) addresses me as "Old fart"... :lol:

Yep, the times they are a'changing, but happily the gun bug remains! 8) (And in 40 yrs I bet he comes full circle... :wink: )

Snake45

Hawkeye
It looks like a darn nice little knockaround/general purpose .22 DA revolver to me, and selling for quite a bit less than S&W's product. Not sure I'd like that green front sight but that's easily enough replaced with a plain ramp or red ramp, to my liking. If I didn't already own both S&W and Colt Diamondback 4" .22s, I'd be looking very hard at one of these.

PLUS, as pointed out in another thread, it would make a DANDY trainer/understudy if you already have an SP101 in a more "serious" caliber.

HardBall

Bearcat
bearcatter said:
If there weren't a half dozen threads duplicating everyone's excitement over the new SP, I wouldn't feel compelled to so many posts

Why do you feel "compelled" to pee on everyone's popcorn? There's obviously a lot of excitement over the new SP since there's so many threads. Some have stated their disinterest and left it at that, you can leave it at that too... we all know that you're not particularly interested in this little revolver.

Relax Bearcatter, go enjoy your other fine rimfire handguns, no one will force you to own Ruger's new SP.

GaryA

Single-Sixer
We all agree to disagree, in the U.S.A..
No one is denying this. You seem to dislike the idea that so many disagree with you.
I guess if this was a Yugo forum, I should be polite about everyone singing it's praises?
Yes, as a matter of fact. It is always good form to be polite in discourse with others. Disagree if you wish, certainly. After all, "we all agree to disagree in the USA". You said it. But, be polite. No reason for personal attacks or assuming the worst motives for people you don't know.
If there weren't a half dozen threads duplicating everyone's excitement over the new SP, I wouldn't feel compelled to so many posts. One would have been sufficient, like one thread about its release should have been.
So many threads and posts by so many people are part of that freedom of speech and opinion we are talking about. You are not "compelled" to respond to each and every one. You're not "compelled" to respond at all. You have "chosen" to do so. We do understand how you feel now. We really do.

101VooDoo

Single-Sixer
bearcatter said:
101VooDoo said:
I guess I'm tired of being disappointed by Ruger.

bearcatter you've got 1000+ posts in 6 months, just about all of them bitching about something. This is a great site for Ruger enthusiasts. I'm thinking you're not here to discuss Rugers, you're just here to Rosie O'Donnell.

Okay, I'm done feeding the troll, and done with you bearcatter.

A

Anonymous

101VooDoo said:
you've posted incessantly

If there weren't a half dozen threads duplicating everyone's drooling over the new SP, I wouldn't have been compelled to so many posts. One would have been sufficient, like one thread about its release should have been.

I have now deleted every negative thing I ever said about the new SP. I am now convinced it will be voted "Gun Of The Century". Is everybody happy now ???????

CraigC

Hawkeye
bearcatter said:
101VooDoo said:
you've posted incessantly

If there weren't a half dozen threads duplicating everyone's excitement over the new SP, I wouldn't feel compelled to so many posts. One would have been sufficient, like one thread about its release should have been.
Yet it wasn't enough for you to crap in every other thread, you had to start at least two of your own threads just for crappin' on it.

Sal1950

Blackhawk
bearcatter said:
I am now convinced it will be voted "Gun Of The Century".

Naw, but a very good candidate to earn the 2012 Shooting Industry Academy of Excellence "Handgun of the Year" award.
That would then make it 5 years in a row that Ruger has won that honor.
http://www.shootingindustry.com/si9202/hnd9202.html
Well done guys.
Sal

Bob R

Single-Sixer
My 2 Cents.
I like it.

The Fiber Optic sight is great. I would have had one installed if it had not came with one. I have installed Marble Green Fiber Optic Sights on my last 3 Super Redhawks. I have installed other brands on my S&W 617, and my Colt 1911 XSE. I have already located a source for one for my next purchase a 3" GP100. I like fiber optic front sights, they are easy to see.

The Grips look great. Higher quality inserts than what they used to come with, and certainly nicer than all Rubber ones. I just mailed off a check for $65 for a set of compact grips not nearly that nice for my 3" GP100 project.
The mailman just delivered my grips. They look very good, but not checkered, and fancy like on the new SP101 22.

Full Underlug, or Partial Underlug. Myself cutting a little weight on a trail gun is a good thing. The gun still looks just fine. Infact I think I like the look better with a partial lug.

Adjustable rear sight. For a trail gun, I consider this almost a must have item. It looks well built. Someone commented that they could add a White Outline blade. I personally would rather have it solid black.

The change to 8 shot over 6 shot. Adding 2 more shots is an improvement for most uses. For a ladys DS gun, 2 additional shots is a very big improvement in fire power.

The fit and finish looks as good as it ever did.

If you want a great trigger, have a trigger job done on it, just like you would have to do to get a great trigger on anything you buy to include the S&W's.

Whats not to like.

Bob

sgtlmj

Bearcat
I was one of the first few to order one. It's almost exactly what I was looking for. I was seconds away from ordering a 3" S&W 63, but I'm glad I waited.

whtsmoke

Bearcat
I dont like it, its ugly, the front sight is hideouss, the grips are dumb looking, i dont like stainless steel, a wheel gun should have six holes not 10 or 8 just 6. Now with all that said wheres the end of the line I have got to have one of these? :wink:

ultramag44

Bearcat
Bob R said:
My 2 Cents.
I like it.

The Fiber Optic sight is great. I would have had one installed if it had not came with one. I have installed Marble Green Fiber Optic Sights on my last 3 Super Redhawks. I have installed other brands on my S&W 617, and my Colt 1911 XSE. I have already located a source for one for my next purchase a 3" GP100. I like fiber optic front sights, they are easy to see.

The Grips look great. Higher quality inserts than what they used to come with, and certainly nicer than all Rubber ones. I just mailed off a check for $65 for a set of compact grips not nearly that nice for my 3" GP100 project.
The mailman just delivered my grips. They look very good, but not checkered, and fancy like on the new SP101 22.

Full Underlug, or Partial Underlug. Myself cutting a little weight on a trail gun is a good thing. The gun still looks just fine. Infact I think I like the look better with a partial lug.

Adjustable rear sight. For a trail gun, I consider this almost a must have item. It looks well built. Someone commented that they could add a White Outline blade. I personally would rather have it solid black.The change to 8 shot over 6 shot. Adding 2 more shots is an improvement for most uses. For a ladys DS gun, 2 additional shots is a very big improvement in fire power.

The fit and finish looks as good as it ever did.

If you want a great trigger, have a trigger job done on it, just like you would have to do to get a great trigger on anything you buy to include the S&W's.

Whats not to like. Bob

Yes, the fiber optic sight is great! Especially for guys like me that now wear tri-focals *sigh*

I agree, the all black rear sight is very good. I'm glad they went w/ the square notch for production guns instead of the wide V on the tool-room gun.

The trigger on my gun is crisp! No take up or slack! I was supprised when I got it home and found the weight of pull to be 4-1/4 lb, if doesn't feel that heavy!

I need to get to the range tomorrow! :wink:

RugerSP1012.jpg