Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Picked up a 110 prefix (1970) finger groove for Christmas and thought I'd share. Before it even arrived, I ordered a KIDD single stage TG, Ti extractor, and buffer. A medium height DNZ scope mount, and illuminated Burris Fullfield IV 2.5-10×42mm.

Expecting a well used 53yr old rifle to arrive, I was pleasantly surprised to find a low round count safe queen! Scoped the bore and everything looked new. No carbon ring, or fouling, the only sign of use was a tiny spot of powder residue on the bolt face - next to the firing pin slot.

When I dropped the factory TG, the pins where still completely blue and so tight, had to be tapped out with a brass drift and jewelers hammer. Inspection of the trigger group showed very little bluing loss on the hammer face and bolt stop, and very clean throughout. All factory parts removed have been marked and saved and kept with the rifle. (Factory trigger was nice but not the 1.5lb that I was wanting for this platform)

I don't own a 10-22 built after '85 so I can't attest to the accuracy of the newer models, but those built in the first 20 yrs. are great shooters if you can find one that hasn't been molested or beat on.

My apologies for the pictures. It was 06 below and the first time the sun was out since Xmas. Been dealing with some medical issues lately and dodging snow storms so these are all I've got.

I have several other 22 rifles and this one has become my favorite.

Edited to add: uploaded 4 pictures total. Looks like I'll have to wait until I go down to town to add the others. Have zero signal where I live...

Attachments

• 20230127_125133.jpg
    20230127_125133.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

contender

Ruger Guru
Very nice gun AND as you have discovered,, it shoots!

Due to the somewhat collect-ability of the finger groove guns,, I would have likely left it alone, and found a different one to modify. But hey,, that's just me.