Dumpster Party

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Mobuck

Hawkeye
Although I've not been 'officially' informed, I have a feeling the cleanup 'dumpster party' is planned for tomorrow. I assume I've been kept in the dark so I don't get all fuzzed up and worried about what's about to happen. I do know that at least one tracked skidsteer has been committed (maybe 2) plus a mini-excavator (bigger than ours). We had two 22' roll off hoppers delivered last week in preparation with a commitment of more if needed. The intent is to get some space cleared to take delivery of the shipping container I bought to hold the replacement stuff that we need right away and the resale stuff that Grouch Attack lost in the fire.
This is just the beginning as the fire damaged dozens of shade trees that will surely die and are slated for removal this winter. After that will come a full sized excavator to remove all those stumps and old foundations/footings and do some initial leveling of an area for the replacement building.
This recovery/rebuilding process is going to take YEARS.
I really do appreciate all the support from rugerforum members in this very upsetting time of my life.

buckaroo

Single-Sixer
This recovery/rebuilding process is going to take YEARS.
I really do appreciate all the support from rugerforum members in this very upsetting time of my life.

Mobuck, the important thing is to heal physically which means you can't allow your mind to get trapped in emotions as it's a powerful thing and can delay physical healing. In the end it will all fall onto the shoulders of your children and grandchildren, you'll be in the home being smacked around by the work release employee or dead. Enjoy what time you have left and let the rest take care of itself. I realize easier said then done, but you are here for encouragement and some of us will do the best we can.

Now that's a hell of a remark to make to a Man after losing things in fire...Don't let your emotions get the best of you, because after all you'll be in some home one day getting the crap smacked out of you by some release worker. buckaroo you are so full of yugo with your off the wall negative comments on every post your stick your nose in, your sir are a real piece of work.

Mobuck, the important thing is to heal physically which means you can't allow your mind to get trapped in emotions as it's a powerful thing and can delay physical healing. In the end it will all fall onto the shoulders of your children and grandchildren, you'll be in the home being smacked around by the work release employee or dead. Enjoy what time you have left and let the rest take care of itself. I realize easier said then done, but you are here for encouragement and some of us will do the best we can.
And THAT is the best you can do???? I sure as hell don't want to see the worst you can do. :) :)

contender

Ruger Guru
Rebuilding will take time,, and as the old saying goes; "One step at a time!" Each & every thing that gets done will be pointing you in the right direction of the recovery.

akbluz

Single-Sixer
Mobuck,
Accept the fact that many folks think very highly of you and your missus and want to help any way they can. I know it may be tough for you to relinquish control of things but back away and let them help you. Continue to heal physically so you can get back to doing things that you're used to.

Mobuck

Hawkeye
I know what it's like to just shove mental/emotional stuff in a closet and shut the door. It just keeps sneaking out when one least expects it or when other things pop up. Folks are telling me I'm showing signs of PTSD that I didn't realize were apparent. It doesn't help that I'm alone 6 days a week unless the boys are here doing chores. That's part of the reason I spend a lot of time on this forum--to take my mind off the reality of what happened. Thanks guys.

contender

Ruger Guru
This Forum is like a big family for the most part. While we've never met,, I feel you are a good friend. Having friends,, AND family that helps us when in need,, makes us the richest people out there. If you have a bunch of locals coming to help,, look at it as one of your riches to be appreciated.
And I KNOW that many of us,, if we were closer & able,, would be right beside those who are there physically helping. I know I would.

eveled

Hunter
All we can do is send prayers your way.

(I wrote and erased and rewrote this post 5 times and that's the best I could do.)

I’m sorry for your predicament. I know you and your boys will overcome it. Stay strong

Mobuck

Hawkeye
All went well even though the turnout was short. Another of the area 'old timers' showed up with a big tracked skidloader and grapple. Between his outfit and our mini-excavator, the 2 roll off containers were filled in just over 2 hours, the pad for our new shipping container(temporary storage) was leveled, and plans made for a full sized excavator to come in to remove the stumps and old foundations. As he was pulling out, another old friend arrived to help the boys with the laborious handwork of picking up the bits and pieces. We ended up working until dark getting most of the little stuff and scattered debris smashed and stacked for removal. About all I did was drag the magnet around collecting nails, screws, and tiny bits. DIL and Grandaughter brought lunch and we had a very fruitful day and made great progress. I think it's helpful to not see all the destruction every time I walk outside. Now it's mostly open space that seems un-natural after living here so long with the same familiar surroundings.
We bought this farm and moved here 42 years ago this month.
Oh BTW, we did find what was left of the VORTEX scope that was mounted on the AR plus the not quite completely melted lower receiver.

buckaroo

Single-Sixer
Grandaughter brought lunch and we had a very fruitful day and made great progress. I think it's helpful to not see all the destruction every time I walk outside.
We bought this farm and moved here 42 years ago this month.
Sounds like you have a wonderful family there Mo, very sweet of the granddaughter to rustle up some vittles. Once your feeling better perhaps get down to your local humaine society an adopt a dog you can go for walks with, carry on a conversation with, it will help your PTSD and keep you out of the loony bin. Once you go off your rocker it's the end and now that shock treatment is legal again im America who knows what those quacks will try on ya. Take it from me you don't want to end up strapped down and heavily sedated.

protoolman

Hunter
Hey I got an idea for you! Send the remnants of that Vortex scope in and see what kind of replacement warranty they have. Sometimes they will give you a new one just for the advertising value.

eveled

Hunter
Having all the old stuff gone and out of sight. Will definitely help! Now its all new stuff and forward motion. As mentioned before a chance to make the layout design more efficient.

Robb Barnes

Hunter
I’m praying for you Mobuck! When we went through the fire here at home about 6 years ago it looked like an insurmountable task of the clean up and rebuild. For me the task was like eating an elephant. One bite at a time and sooner than later it was gone! It drove home that for me, it is all just stuff. People are the important things in life and for me, remembering that during the process helped.