DL Renewal

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bull Barrel

Hunter
The Liberal held left bank of the Mississippi Rive
I had to go through this six years ago.
Problem is I didn't have a birth certificate. So I had to get one.
But when the state has no record of your birth and the hospital doesn't keep records that long I had to come up with proof of where I was born and it needed city and county of birth.
Voter reg? No. Used to work for the state. No records there.
Fi ally the FAA had it in my records. They were great in helping me.
Took it to the state and had all the forms signed by myself and a witness, notarized, bent, folded, spindled and mutilated. Got my b/c which was the form I filled out.
Got my d/l which was supposed to be the real ID.
I since had it renewed and it was supposed to be compliant. It wasn't.
I won't renew it until I have to.

Mega Twin said:
Bud0505 said:
Thankfully you don't need an ID to vote.

When I voted here in Arkansas,I was asked for a photo ID.
I told the young lady that I thought that asking for an ID was racist.
She laughed and said"not in Arkansas!"
Nor in Tn. It is racist to think people of color are too stupid to have an ID!
gramps

coach

Hunter
I have an appointment at the end of July to do the real ID license renewal. I hope the Md. MVA accepts my South Carolina birth certificate that is the size of a drivers license. It looks nothing like the birth certificates I see now. It does say official though.

WYO1

Bearcat
And 15 minutes after this was passed the counterfeiters had already put the star on their products.

caryc

Hawkeye
Rick Courtright said:
pete44ru said:
.The "real I.D." is only necessary for flying within the US - so if you never intend to fly anywhere, a normal ID/DL is valid..

Hi,

Try to buy ammo in CA today, as a CA resident, without it... CA DOJ makes up the rules as they go along, and what's on paper in black and white on their website doesn't even hold water!

One of the "greatest things about the US" I learned somewhere between third and fifth grades (skipped fourth) is that we DON'T need "our papers" to travel within the country (or, by extension, conduct our daily business.) Yet here we sit, with the gubb'mint actively instituting a backdoor version of "our papers" and all we hear is little more than a whimper from "We the people."

Rick C

I got my Real ID license in California about 8 months ago. I wasn't really much trouble and only took about 20 minutes at the DMV. So the state has now verified who I am, big deal. They did not require any information that I didn't want to give them. It's no "our papers" big deal to me. If anything ever comes up, I'd like to be able to verify who I am just using that drivers license instead of having to round up a bunch of stuff with some of it in my safe deposit box. My drivers license is always right there in my wallet.

Muley Gil

Blackhawk
I wanted to get Veterans status AND Real ID on my DL last year. Went by the local DMV and they told me what to bring in. Went back the following week and got both. Took about 15 minutes.

dreamer

Single-Sixer
My CDL has has-mat endorsement, which entails TSA background check and fingerprints, School bus endorsement with a different background check and fingerprints,
Concealed carry yet a different agency for fingerprints, yet it isn't a "real id".

Rook

Blackhawk
I just renewed my Tennessee drivers license on the Internet. If I wanted a "real ID" I would have had to go to the DMV in person but I don't need a real ID since I have a passport. I'm not paying them any extra money for something I don't need.

I was glad to see that I was able to take the gun class for my Tennessee CCW permit on the Internet instead of having to take another gun class in person like I did in order to get my Florida permit. They started that on January 1st this year.

In Alabama you don't have to go through any of that BS for a CCW permit. You just apply for it and then go pay them $20 for one year or $100 for 5 years and then they hand the permit to you through the clerks window while you're standing there instead of waiting for 3 months for them to mail it to you.

It would be a lot easier to just be a criminal and not worry about any of that crap.

Colonialgirl

Hawkeye
IN Florida, the Money for a CCW Permit is paid and handled through the Dept of Agriculture; The Fla State legislature were astounded to discover that the way the CCW permit law is written that THEY can NOT lay their greedy hands upon ALL that cash as it is restricted to covering the expenses of CCW permits.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :wink:

Rancher Will

Blackhawk
I'm happy that Colorado does not require a birth certificate to renew a DL. I am now over 90 years old and have had a DL here since 1958. I have never had a birth certificate and until 1949 I had never even heard of one.

I was born in the Indian Nation in about 1930, then orphaned in 1939 by losing my Indian mother and Caucasian father in Idaho. When I enlisted in1949 the Army recruiter asked me for a birth certificate. When I told he that I didn't know what that was, he told me "we will let the army figure it out".

Pat-inCO

Hawkeye
Rancher Will said:
When I told he that I didn't know what that was, he told me "we will let the army figure it out".
:D Have they ever gotten back to you so you know they completed the investigation? :wink:

You can never tell what the Army will do. :roll:

:D

caryc

Hawkeye
Pat-inCO said:
Rancher Will said:
When I told he that I didn't know what that was, he told me "we will let the army figure it out".
:D Have they ever gotten back to you so you know they completed the investigation? :wink:

You can never tell what the Army will do. :roll:

:D

Some guy probably worked his way up to Colonel making that investigation his life's work.

Don't worry Will. You've been around here long enough, we'll take your word that you were born no matter what the Army says.

Rancher Will

Blackhawk
Just to clear the question.

I never heard anything about any birth certificate from anyone after I enlisted in 1949 and got to Lackland AFB. I told the soldier (when I enlisted I didn't know a private from a general) that I was 19 since I had been told as a child that I was born in 1930, and the army must have taken that as enough. I was just a young working cowboy then and I don't remember anyone in or before 1949 that had ever even asked my how old I was. I have never tried to get a birth certificate since I have never needed one. So I don't know if there ever was one.

I'm not sure that the military is actually much concerned anyway. When I got back from Korea and out of Madigan Army Hospital in 1953, and sent to Fairchild AFB, my Squadron First Sargent, a veteran of WW-II, told us once that he had enlisted when he was only 16 and the Army never knew it or didn't care. He had been a M/Sgt in 1941, on Gen MacArthur's staff and was a prisoner of the Japanese when they took Corregidor.

caryc

Hawkeye
Rancher Will said:
Just to clear the question.

I never heard anything about any birth certificate from anyone after I enlisted in 1949 and got to Lackland AFB. I told the soldier (when I enlisted I didn't know a private from a general) that I was 19 since I had been told as a child that I was born in 1930, and the army must have taken that as enough. I was just a young working cowboy then and I don't remember anyone in or before 1949 that had ever even asked my how old I was. I have never tried to get a birth certificate since I have never needed one. So I don't know if there ever was one.

I'm not sure that the military is actually much concerned anyway. When I got back from Korea and out of Madigan Army Hospital in 1953, and sent to Fairchild AFB, my Squadron First Sargent, a veteran of WW-II, told us once that he had enlisted when he was only 16 and the Army never knew it or didn't care. He had been a M/Sgt in 1941, on Gen MacArthur's staff and was a prisoner of the Japanese when they took Corregidor.

Something else you might not have heard is someone saying "Thank you for your service Will". Well, now you've heard it.

Bayouhunter

Single-Sixer
Thank you for your service Will.

I've had to have my birth certificate for a USCG license from age 19 and a Twic card after 9/11. All 10 fingers finger printed with a signed oath. Now I need a Real ID I did asked the lady at the DMV what a real ID was 4 weeks ago. She took the time to explain I'm age 60 and believe I've been ID' enough but will not be able to fly after October which as I've stated I don't fly if I can avoid it.

Renewed my Twic Card last year which mainly has been useless except to enter gates where I work. I don't fly but some of my crew do and report TSA will not accept a Twic card as ID which is a government ID, my masters license merchant mariners USCG/ DOT issued doesn't get me past TSA. I've avoided getting a passport in the offchance it will keep me from having to work out of another country flying out of New Orleans to Guyana or somewhere in Africa or the Mideast is not something I want to do.

Made an appointment, showed up with necessary paperwork. Was given a number. When called it took about 7 minutes to complete. Less that 30 minutes from when I walked in and I was through.