Daylight Saving Time Ends Sunday

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Ride1949

Buckeye
Except for Arizona and Hawaii, who had the common sense to know you can' t save daylight.

16673859250981937649377073106027.jpg

Mobuck

Hawkeye
Before I retired, DST was actually a worthwhile thing. I needed that extra hour in the afternoon for farm work. Since retirement, it's questionable and right now, it's a bit pesky. My current employing agency sets up 8AM ZOOM meetings on a regular schedule so in Oct/Nov I end up doing morning chores by flashlight in order to be finished by 8.

eveled

Hunter
I would think farmers are the ones who need it the least. Get up with the sun work until dark. Time is just a number on the clock.

I know I’m sick of changing time twice a year. but I dont want year round daylight savings time. which seems to be the direction we are headed.

pyth0n

Buckeye
If some one needs the extra hour, then set the alarm to get up an hour earlier.
Day light hours get longer beginning around December 21 & shorter around June 21. It's a natural thing, not dependent on clocks.
It get ridiculous.
While stationed in AZ, we didn't change clocks, but the military had us change along with the bases that did. Status quo. But the thing was when we had to schedule & coordinate events/missions with bases outside of AZ, we used 24 hour clock GMT (ZULU) time. Same as any business operating world wide.
Pretty Silly IMO.
I vote STANDARD TIME.

I'm not sure if I prefer getting up and going to work in the dark, or getting off work and driving home in the dark. Seems I get more things done in the afternoon/evening.
It's all a made up schedule anyway.
The good Lord never had a clock that I am aware of and got things done just fine.

Ride1949

Buckeye
I'm not sure if I prefer getting up and going to work in the dark, or getting off work and driving home in the dark. Seems I get more things done in the afternoon/evening.
It's all a made up schedule anyway.
The good Lord never had a clock that I am aware of and got things done just fine.

I found, before I retired, I was both going to and coming home from work in the dark. No matter what the clock showed.

Ride1949

Buckeye
Okay, okay. I Fixed it. You boys happy now? I certainly wouldn't want to look or sound like an uneducated moron. Especially in print. Can we get back to the actual purpose for the thread now?

So Monty, any pertinent thoughts on daylight SAVING time, or was that just another lame attempt at you trying to show your superior intelligence?

Last edited:
I thought I read somewhere that Congress voted to go to DST year round starting in 2023. Kinda dumb I think, why not just drop DST and go back to EST, CST, MST and PST? EDIT - I did some more searching and it seems the Senate passed the bill and it's in the House now (been there since last spring). Also lots of controversy over the benefits or not of DST. Regular (non-DST) time, from what I've read is actually closer to the true solar time.

Try living in Iceland (we were stationed there for 2 years), in December the sun would come up around 11:00 AM and set around 4:00 PM. But then in the June the sun came up around 4:00 AM and set around 11:00 PM. You could work, play, etc. at 12 midnight-1:00AM and still not need lights. In the summer we had to put up black out curtains on the kids bedroom windows so they would go to sleep.

Last edited:

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
I was using it wrong, and I appreciate the correction. I don’t like looking or sounding like an uneducated moron. Especially in print.
Hi

Must be the DST nit picking police are up and about early this year. Back in the days of diagramming sentences (who here remembers that?) the fact you were using it "wrongly" would have sparked words flying off the pages all over.

We've lost so much mental agility as to be frightening!

As for what we call it or how we get there, I like my days brighter longer in the afternoon.

Rick C

hittman

Staff member
A bigger buzz kill is spelling and grammar nazi’s.

These forums are supposed to be fun and cultivate a sense of community among like-minded people. But, not these days.

To really help out a fellow member one might send a PM. Of course that’s assuming HELPING was the intent.

I’ve seen more than one member embarrassed or frustrated into quitting because they didn’t have the greatest communication skills.

Latest posts