cylinder ring mark?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

lonewolf5347

Single-Sixer
I like to ask what is the correct way to NOT to get the cylinder ring mark .
I have a 2 rugers one a 41 mag: has a light ring mark and a ruger 22 bearcat been with me 35 plus years NO RING MARK
I try to close the loading gate by setting the cylinder center of the barrel then close the gate and full cock the hammer so the notch will drop and reposition it self in the cylinder notch

rugerfan100

Single-Sixer
I heard someone here mentioning that it meant the timing on the gun is off. Then it started me thinking my single action arsenal was less than someone else s...however, each one of them still goes boom every time. Some of mine have the ring more than others too. I still really love every one of them....

G2

Hunter
Old Model Guns; After loading them, One should take the hammer to full cock and then carefully back down to the empty chamber.
Load 1 skip 1 then load 4.

New Model Guns; Will all get a partial cylinder ring. It is the way they are built, nature of the beast.
. . . However there are 2 methods of changing the cylinder latch timing allowing the cylinder latch to drop in the cylinder lead.

Both methods require lengthening.

A. Cylinder Latch Leg
-or-
B. Hammer Plunger

CraigC

Hawkeye
G2":2ieot8sl said:
Old Model Guns; After loading them, One should take the hammer to full cock and then carefully back down to the empty chamber.
Load 1 skip 1 then load 4.

New Model Guns; Will all get a partial cylinder ring. It is the way they are built, nature of the beast.
. . . However there are 2 methods of changing the cylinder latch timing allowing the cylinder latch to drop in the cylinder lead.

Both methods require lengthening.

A. Cylinder Latch Leg
-or-
B. Hammer Plunger
What he said!

G2

Hunter
jimbo1096":3owtzf4m said:
Wish someone made a slightly longer hammer plunger, or at least I haven't found one yet if they do.

I think there is too much liability for so little gain. Not that hard to make.

Buy a #42 drill bit for the donor material .0935, Use the non drill end of your donor material and. . .
latch20timming.jpg

Here's the cylinder latch mod pic. (flatgate)
128518571.jpg