convert a Single Six Hunter to Bisley?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

lshines

Bearcat
How hard would it be, and what parts would I need to convert my Single Six Hunter to a Bisley grip?
Do you think Ruger would do it for me? or would it require an expensive trip to an expert gunsmith?

I was lucky enough to grab one of the (few available) Single Six Bisleys and my gosh I like that grip.

JohnFLand

Bearcat
Read this thread for some insight on parts and process: Converting Single Six to Bisley grips

http://rugerforum.net/#/topics/134878

Post 72 shows the photos I posted for my SS conversion (replacing photos mentioned in earlier posts that were deleted).

I recommend using a skilled Gunsmith.

contender

Ruger Guru
Ruger will not do the conversion.

Converting a standard "plow handle" grip framed gun to a Bisley grip framed one isn't too hard. The screw hole pattern is the same for all of the SA's like that. If it's just the grip frame,,, then it's easy. If you add in the hammer & trigger,, then there can be some mods needed to where a gunsmith might be the best direction.

Have swapped Bisley and standard grip frames back and forth with no problem. Also (purists don't cringe) returned a flat-top .44 to Ruger and they fit a beautiful steel grip frame. Forget how much they charged. It was about 10 years ago, but I recall it being quite reasonable. Don't know if they still offer that service.

Latest posts