Single Six Hunter 17HMR/Mach 2

Help Support Ruger Forum:

contender

Ruger Guru
The lack of easily available ammo, combined with a few issues of cases splitting & sticking,, made the caliber a lack-luster sales item. Ruger only did a sample run of about 250 of them, to see how they would do. Hard to find one,, and pricey now when you do.

.......well I sure don't, had one when they first came out, duel cylinders, stainless steel ,5 1/2 inch barrel and it shot so "fast" everything I shot at,hit under the target , chipmonks simply jumped up "scared" and run off, and at many different distances, screw that, I bought it for $350, and sold it for $450.....never looked back. (n).........now just use Lauras' old 10/22 problem solved..........(y);)

I have a Single-Six Hunter in .22LR/.22WMR.

I wanted the Single-Six Hunter in .17 HM2/.17HMR, but money was tight at the time.

When I had the funds, the .17 HM2 cylinders had been recalled, and prices were already on the rise.

I was primarily interested in using the .17 HM2 round, for hunting gray and fox squirrels.

Since the .17 HM2/.17HMR priced itself into "collector" territory many years ago, I've decided I don't "need" one after all.

My .22LR/.22WMR Hunter already sits neglected (waiting for a walk in the woods) anyway! 🥲

wproct

Single-Sixer
I owned one briefly in the 17M2 and 17HMR convertible model with I think a 6 1/2 inch bbl. I traded it off rather quickly as it was quite heavy and expensive to feed. Sounds maybe like I should have hung onto it for a while value wise.

I have a Single-Six Hunter in .22LR/.22WMR.

I wanted the Single-Six Hunter in .17 HM2/.17HMR, but money was tight at the time.

When I had the funds, the .17 HM2 cylinders had been recalled, and prices were already on the rise.

I was primarily interested in using the .17 HM2 round, for hunting gray and fox squirrels.

Since the .17 HM2/.17HMR priced itself into "collector" territory many years ago, I've decided I don't "need" one after all.

My .22LR/.22WMR Hunter already sits neglected (waiting for a walk in the woods) anyway! 🥲
That's what I'm curious about. Why did they recall them? Other than reports of split cases, that's not really a safety issue, unless you were getting some kind of blow back.

I owned one briefly in the 17M2 and 17HMR convertible model with I think a 6 1/2 inch bbl. I traded it off rather quickly as it was quite heavy and expensive to feed. Sounds maybe like I should have hung onto it for a while value wise.
Cost isn't currently an issue. You can get .17M2 for .15/round, where-as .17HMR is around .23/round. Availability is also good.