Tornados Close to Home

Help Support Ruger Forum:

GasGuzzler

Hunter
Weather got really nasty here culminating in a multiple tornado storm with major damage less than 10 miles from me.

CLICK HERE TO READ

ALSO CLICK HERE TO READ

THIRD LINK TO READ

I am waiting on responses from a few friends as another tornado was confirmed east of the Valley View storm affecting Celina, Pilot Point, Gunter, and Tioga...all places people I know live.

Here's two screenshots I took on my phone five minutes apart and right as the Valley View tornado was happening.

IMG-9310.png
IMG-9311.png

GasGuzzler

Hunter
Death toll at 7 now and there's three kids still missing. All my friends have reported back. One near Ray Roberts has outbuilding damage and someone else's shop roof in his pond. One friend out by Era says they're okay but the clean up on the property will take all day.

Wow! I'm glad you are all right. I hope those kids are found.

We got some rain and wind, but nothing serious. Took the dogs to the park this morning and a tree was cracked in half and fell on a fence.

There seems to be a distinct line of where the weather patterns change. It seems to be right across where that damage happened over towards McKinney on 75.

It just always seems there is more severe weather on that line and north of there.

Mauser9

Blackhawk
Been following all the tornadoes and bad weather in the west and mid west. Never heard of so many since April! So many deaths and injured folks it is heartbreaking. Property loss has been shocking. Feel deeply for the folks involved.

txramfan

Single-Sixer
A friend posted a really good photo he took of the tornado as it got near Celina , he took the photo from 121 just north of 75. That's just south of the Buc-ees on 75.

Another friend in Celina only had trees damaged on his property, its about 200 acres, no cows were flying thankfully.

Gopher

Single-Sixer
We got three inches of rain and four inches of pea-sized hail. I'm northeast of Celina and thankfully it went to the south of us. We lost power and I had two scanners going trying to keep up with the county storm watchers. It got pretty western here for a bit.

txramfan

Single-Sixer
The wind, I've seen reports of 75 - 95 mph , Tuesday morning took down some of my fence which didn't surprise me its 30 years old.
The tree from the graveyard behind my house that dropped a branch, blocked the alley and destroyed some of the fence did surprise me.
The destruction of trees in my area is the worst I seen in the 40+ years I've lived here. I saw a couple guys with chainsaws cutting up broken pecan trees and loading their pickups. The early one cleared the tree blocking the alley, not to use just being a good person. If he hadn't done that I wouldn't have been able to leave my house until the city showed up clearing the alley around 5 pm.

KIR

Sparks, NV
Hurricane season to begin next week...When things are bad, they can always get worse.:(

We have been lucky with it just being rain near non stop with the flash floods thrown in...so far. Still the heavy rain has been taking tolls soaking up yards especially for some of us with old style septic tanks which only have concrete manhole style covers.

GasGuzzler

Hunter
A former co-worker was on NBC5 News on Sunday night. He lost everything, mostly. A friend of mine is a County Commissioner and he found two of the missing kids, deceased in a pond. Four employees at our company lost their homes and we have been given the ability to give equally to them via payroll deduction.

Latest posts