The Staggerwing is Home

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Hey Guys,
It has been a BIG week at the Hayden Aerodrome. The Staggerwing made it from Spokane WA. to North of Ft Worth TX. Also we have a new Carbon Cub project to finish
Son spent 5 days in Spokane getting the Stagg ready for the long flight home. Since it had been in a museum and not flown since 2017 there was a lot to check out. Everything was perfect.

1718328169780.png

1718327969747.png

gunzo

Hunter
Awesome, just awesome that some folks can get these type of machines back in service to be used & enjoyed.

A museum may be a place for all to see, but a shameful stagnation of the machine itself, IMO. Bravo for the return of the plane to it's original glory.

Last edited:
Awesome, just awesome that some folks can get these type of machines back in service to used & enjoyed.

A museum may be a place for all to see, but a shameful stagnation of the machine itself, IMO. Bravo for the return of the plane to it's original glory.
Thank you so much and yes we feel the same way.

By the way that is me with my arm out the co-pilot's roll down window. Got to look cool while flying in a Stagg:):):)

Last edited:
So does your son like the way it handles?
What kind of cruise speed and altitude mostly did you come home at ?
Yes it flies great controls are about the same as a Bonanza.
Most of the trip was at 9,500-11,500 with a TAS of 195-200 MPH and a fuel burn of 21-23 GPH which was on the rich side. Could have got down to 18-20 GPH and a little less power. Not knowing the Eng. it is better to buy gas rather than an engine. We don't have all of the modern CHTs and EGTs monitors on the engine. A fuel flow indicator is on the list of add-ons

wproct

Blackhawk
That is beyond cool!! Love it. I cannot fly an airplane. The closest I have come is when I retired my Grandson was about 11 years old and developed a keen interest in airplanes. We bought some R/C model planes and I learned to fly them. It gave me a whole new level of respect to anyone who flies the real thing.

freakindawgen

Single-Sixer
Love Stagger Wings! High School sweetheart's Dad had the prototype G model that was Walter Beech's personal plane. Was on many magazine covers. They made 17 more of the G's and sadly all airwothy certifications have expired.

Attachments

• 614.jpg
    614.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 24
  • content.jpeg
    content.jpeg
    6 KB · Views: 28
  • Wheelsup.jpg
    Wheelsup.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 29