Clint Eastwood Movies

Help Support Ruger Forum:

We don’t have cable and just pay for different movie channels, like HBO and Netflix etc. On HBO they have the new Cry Macho movie by Clint Eastwood. They also have most, if not all, of Eastwood’s older movies.

Right now my wife and I are watching “Every Which Way But Loose.” Well, I am, sweetie fell asleep. But she didn’t grow up with these Eastwood movies. And looking at the cast of “Every Which Way But Loose,” it looks like most of the actors are dead, except for Clint Eastwood.

Anyway, not much point to this post except to say “Every Which Way But Loose” is a good movie on HBO right now. It’s a lot different than more older movies, a little bit slow at times, and the humor is different from more current humor, but still good nonetheless.

eveled

Hunter
Everything he did was great. Josie Wales is my all time favorite movie. If you compiled a list of the top 20 best movie lines, Josie Wales would be on the list 16 times.

My second favorite movie is Jeremiah Johnson.

Mobuck

Hawkeye
"My second favorite movie is Jeremiah Johnson."
Did they make TWO versions of that movie?

Snake45

Hawkeye
eveled said:
Josie Wales is my all time favorite movie. If you compiled a list of the top 20 best movie lines, Josie Wales would be on the list 16 times.
Josie Wales is one of the two most quotable movies of all time, the other one being Animal House. :wink:

Interestingly, I watched Fistful of Dollars (Clint's first starring movie role) on Thursday and Cry Macho yesterday (Friday).

Clint's made a lot of great movies, on both sides of the camera. My alltime favorites are Dirty Harry, Kelly's Heroes, Josie Wales, Pale Rider, and Unforgiven.

Thumbcocker

Blackhawk
eveled said:
Everything he did was great. Josie Wales is my all time favorite movie. If you compiled a list of the top 20 best movie lines, Josie Wales would be on the list 16 times.

My two favorites but in reverse order.

Mobuck said:
I thought that Robert Redford was the star of that movie. I can't find anything anywhere that says Eastwood also made a Jeremiah Johnson movie.

Jeepnik

Hawkeye
Like any actor Eastwood made a few stinkers. The Gauntlet comes to mind. Most can, however, be rewatched and enjoyed.

As to favorite movie I have to go with Panic in the year zero. Ray Milland as a normal guy who devolves into a cold blooded killer in order for his family to survive.

Snake45

Hawkeye
Fox Mike said:
Mobuck said:
I thought that Robert Redford was the star of that movie. I can't find anything anywhere that says Eastwood also made a Jeremiah Johnson movie.
That's not what eveled said at all. :?

Snake45

Hawkeye
Jeepnik said:
Like any actor Eastwood made a few stinkers. The Gauntlet comes to mind.
I haven't see The Gauntlet in a while, but I don't remember it as horrible. It might be better than a couple of the later Dirty Harry movies. :?

OTOH, last month I rewatched Heartbreak Ridge, and it's not only the worst Clint Eastwood movie, it's one of the worst military/war movies of all time. The best part of it is the very beginning, with the real Korean War footage, especially the two clips showing M2 carbines firing full-auto. That's the high point of that movie for me.

I didn't like Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, but that might be because I thought the book was fantastic, and I doubt that anyone could have made an equally good movie out of it. Maybe a multipart miniseries. :?

gunman42782

Hunter
eveled said:

Josie Wales is my favorite movie ever too.

Snake45 said:
Fox Mike said:
Mobuck said:
That's not what eveled said at all. :?
We are speaking of Clint Eastwood movies. He said his second favorite was Jeremiah Johnson. That indicates he is speaking of another Eastwood movie.

caryc

Hawkeye
I had never seen Jersey Boys so I watched it last night. I had the Netflix disc sitting around here for over a month and never got around to watching it. I really enjoyed it last night.

Anyway, my point here is that just before the movie they showed credits and stuff. I was surprised to see that the movie was made by "Malpaso". That's Clint Eastwoods company.

turd

Blackhawk
I'm on record as having Josey Wales as my favorite of all time movie as well. To be correct, I will also say that although it is not an Eastwood movie, my second favorite is also Jeremiah Johnson. :mrgreen:

Snake45

Hawkeye
Fox Mike said:
We are speaking of Clint Eastwood movies. He said his second favorite was Jeremiah Johnson. That indicates he is speaking of another Eastwood movie.
He just said it was his second favorite movie, not that it was his second favorite CE movie. :roll:

Snake45 said:
Fox Mike said:
He just said it was his second favorite movie, not that it was his second favorite CE movie. :roll:
Had the OP subject been what is your favorite movies then yes, but it was
Clint Eastwood movies we were speaking about. I like Oreos but they have the same connection with Clint Eastwood movies as Jeremiah Johnson. :D