Clint Eastwood Movies

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Snake45

Hawkeye
Fox Mike said:
Had the OP subject been what is your favorite movies then yes, but it was
Clint Eastwood movies we were speaking about. I like Oreos but they have the same connection with Clint Eastwood movies as Jeremiah Johnson. :D
Have you ever heard of "thread drift"? Last time I started a thread about one of my guns I got six replies, not one of which had anything to do with my gun, or even its make and model. :lol:

contender

Ruger Guru
We just got home after a long day,, that included seeing the new Clint movie,,, "Cry Macho." While it's like many of Clint's movies,, ( a little different,) it was still very enjoyable.

I'm a longtime Clint fan,, and when I shot SASS,,, my handle was "Outlaw Joe Wales." It's one of my favorites,, but I've enjoyed almost all of his stuff.

vito

Hunter
Snake45 said:
Fox Mike said:
Clint Eastwood movies we were speaking about. I like Oreos but they have the same connection with Clint Eastwood movies as Jeremiah Johnson. :D
Have you ever heard of "thread drift"? Last time I started a thread about one of my guns I got six replies, not one of which had anything to do with my gun, or even its make and model. :lol:

I actually like the Golden Oreos better than the originals.

As to movies, I've enjoyed many of Eastwood's films, both as an actor and director, but personally would not put any of them in my top favorites. Right off the top of my head if I had to list my favorites of all time it would be The Godfather, Jaws, Moonstruck, Down and Out in Beverly Hills, Dr. Strangelove, Fargo, City Slickers and Last of the Mohicans come to mind, and not necessarily in that particular order.

turd

Blackhawk
vito said:
Snake45 said:
Fox Mike said:

I actually like the Golden Oreos better than the originals.

As to movies, I've enjoyed many of Eastwood's films, both as an actor and director, but personally would not put any of them in my top favorites. Right off the top of my head if I had to list my favorites of all time it would be The Godfather, Jaws, Moonstruck, Down and Out in Beverly Hills, Dr. Strangelove, Fargo, City Slickers and Last of the Mohicans come to mind, and not necessarily in that particular order.

Fargo is one of my all-time favorites as well. Grew up in the area, they nailed it. :mrgreen:

TRanger

Blackhawk
It seems to me Clint has spent the last thirty years of his career apologizing for the first thirty. Gran Torino was a rare exception. I’ll nominate White Hunter/Black Heart and Bridges of Madison County as the worst Eastwood films of all time. Josey Wales was probably his best.

Dan in MI

Staff member
It ain't Clint, but since Jeremiah got tossed in, and kicked around, I'll muddy the waters a bit more. Not fond of Bobby's politics but he did make another movie that I enjoy. "An Unfinished Life"

wwb

Hunter
turd said:
Fargo is one of my all-time favorites as well. Grew up in the area, they nailed it.

I watched a bit of it, but when they went from Fargo to the Twin Cities and went through Brainerd on the way, I quit. Why go 100 miles out of your way? Also, the accent was overdone to the point of comedy.

Clint Eastwood movies.... "The Outlaw Josie Wales", "Unforgiven", and "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly". "Gran Torino" was okay.

Back in the early 70's when I was a teen, it seems that about every 6 months The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly would be on and I would sit down to watch it.... every time it was when they were in the prison camp.... I had probably seen the movie 6 or 8 times before I found out I was watching the 2nd half of the movie!

I'm finally not as attached to the theme music as I was for a while. They played the theme music to The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly the night I was introduce and put into the 4th class system at The Citadel, Early September of 1975.

Mike J

Hunter
While I honestly don't know if I have a favorite movie "The Outlaw Josey Wales" is my favorite Western movie. I am another that never really got that into the spaghetti westerns. "Gran Torino" was a good movie.

Snake45

Hawkeye
Interestingly, about a week before I saw Cry Macho, the new Eastwood movie, I watched News of the World, one of the latest Tom Hanks flicks.

They're kind of the same movie. :shock:

Except who would have guessed there's a lot more gunplay in the Tom Hanks movie. :shock: :lol:

Snake45 said:
Interestingly, about a week before I saw Cry Macho, the new Eastwood movie, I watched News of the World, one of the latest Tom Hanks flicks.

Except who would have guessed there's a lot more gunplay in the Tom Hanks movie. :shock: :lol:

Remember Road to Perdition ? :wink:

(Apologies for the thread drift.)

Snake45

Hawkeye
Ale-8(1) said:
Snake45 said:

Remember Road to Perdition ? :wink:

(Apologies for the thread drift.)

Barely. Saw it once. I thought it loosely but strangely paralleled the "plot" of the Warren Zevon song "Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner." :lol: I'll watch that one again if I can find it on a streaming service I already have.

Another one in the vein of Cry Macho and News of the World would be...wait for it...the old Ryan O'Neal movie Paper Moon.

hpman66

Hunter
Clint Eastwood’s credits(thought he would have more than 72):

https://m.imdb.com/name/nm0000142/filmotype/actor?ref_=m_nmfm_1

Director:
https://m.imdb.com/name/nm0000142/filmotype/director?ref_=m_nmfm_3