Cheap Portable Target Stand

Help Support Ruger Forum:

don44

Hunter
208packinheat said:
I like, especially in the winter. I use old realtor signs, but they are tough to stick in the ground in IDAHO NOV THRU MARCH (OR LONGER) :wink:
+100 :D

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
Notice what appear to be shops behind the fence, behind the guy holding the target. No backstop. Hmmm... While I've seen this photo before, I never noticed that.

-- Sam

Papa

Bearcat
IrvJr, I used a table saw, set the blade shallow and pushed it alongt the fence. You could clamp it between a couple pieces of wood and use a skill saw though....

Cherokee Slim

Bearcat
I also use one like this, with a top bar. None of my ranges allow metal targets so PVC was a good alternative. It's also cheap when the grandkids shoot holes in it.
Cherokee Slim

Zeus

Blackhawk
I like the stand Mike. I used to have some really long pieces of all thread that had been bent into the shape of small horseshoes and we used them to push down over the bottom legs of the small PVC target stands to keep the wind from getting them.

If you are in the RAM though, the target stand set ups from Fowler are hard to beat. They fold up and fit easily into the toolbox, set up in about one minute and you will not beat it up. The AR500 plates are amazing and all the rounds just cut a nice neat mark in the ground under the plate rack. Would be a little heavy on the bike but you NEED one for the truck box if you don't already have one :)