Buffalo Bore Deer Grenades

Help Support Ruger Forum:

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
BKS said:
Has anyone killed any deer with the Buffalo Bore Deer Grenades?

I think they are missing the point of hunting deer. I like to have some meat left to eat, and according to their advertising: "this load was designed specifically to do horrific damage to deer sized game". Of course it might appeal to trophy hunters who are bad shots and/or too lazy assed to track one down or pack out anything but the head. :roll:

DGW1949

Hunter
GunnyGene said:
BKS said:
Has anyone killed any deer with the Buffalo Bore Deer Grenades?

I think they are missing the point of hunting deer. I like to have some meat left to eat, and according to their advertising: "this load was designed specifically to do horrific damage to deer sized game". Of course it might appeal to trophy hunters who are bad shots and/or too lazy assed to track one down or pack out anything but the head. :roll:

I see a lot of wisdom there Gunny.

DGW

mikld

Blackhawk
Hummm. Thread drifted into controversy right off the bat! "
this load was designed specifically to do horrific damage to deer sized game
Sounds like advertising hype to me as every bullet manufacturer will describe their bullets as "devastating" "rapid expanding" or "deadly".

I wonder if anyone has actually used, has real life experience with this ammo, or just speculating on bullet performance from advertising? But that would be answering the OP's question, now wouldn't it? :roll:

RUFFBIRD

Blackhawk
I don't buy over exaggerated/priced ammo to shoot deer because I can reload my own!
Why bother with second best? :lol: Home cast bullets have always dropped my game, including moose.... :)

lolbell

Single-Sixer
I'm with the RuffBird on this. I don't like an explosive bullet of any kind, pistol or rifle. I only hunt to eat the meat harvested. The last deer I shot with a rapid expanding bullet I had to throw away both shoulders one inner loin and a back strap. I now shoot a home cast bullet in 44 or 45 in hand guns and a 35 Rem in a long gun. If you put the hole where it is suppose to be, there will be a very short but profound blood trail. And as I have heard it said elsewhere you can eat the meat right up to the hole.

Same here - I don't want precious game meat rendered inedible by excessively high velocities and/or excessive fragmentation. If I'm eliminating ground squirrels or something, fine. But I prefer to have my deer, moose meat NOT "prechewed".