Breaking in my sr1911

Help Support Ruger Forum:

L3g4cY

Bearcat
Going to the range tomorrow have a box of federal, Remington, blazer, Tula, Winchester, and Hornady zombie max. Just running it with everything I could find and see that everything goes well no mater what I can find for range days

Phat

Bearcat
I just ran my new sr1911 today. Federal hornady and some reloads
150 rounds. Flawless Not a great shooter here but this gun
Made me look good 3 shot about dead nuts. Just cleaned it
Up. Ready for more next week
Have fun. Oh the grips did loosen up. Bring a bit to tighten

L3g4cY

Bearcat
Yeah I'll look for one before I leave gotta get a small tool kit together to bring with me on range days I guess

DGW1949

Hunter
Jim Luke said:
Go ahead and hit the front sight with a hammer.

Save it the trouble of breaking on it's own.

Now, that's funny right there...I don't care who ya are. :lol: . :lol: . :lol: .

DGW

L3g4cY

Bearcat
got back awhile ago and cleaned the gun up all looks good, i did tighten up one of the grip screws that was loose before i left and when i got back two more had loosened up so good call on that. shot approx 200 rounds didn't shoot as much as i wanted to but we ended up with a large group and a pretty good range of fun things to shoot, ruger 10/22, M&P ar15 platform, SR9c, SR40, Glock G19, glock 40 cal, LCP, XD in 9mm i believe, and my 1911. so lots of fun had by all, and my front sight is still attached so thats a plus.

the gun was much dirtier than i expected the whole front was completely black but love the way stainless cleans up. had one fail to feed on the second magazine which was the 8rd when i let the slide go the nose of the bullet never came up the feed ramp i think the mags are still too tight so i ran it with 7 for the rest of the time and didn't have another problem.

all in all love the new gun and can't wait to put more down range with it, get my sr9c back on monday from AZ and will take that out next weekend to make sure all is well with it now

TucsonDirt

Single-Sixer
Jim Luke said:
Go ahead and hit the front sight with a hammer.

Save it the trouble of breaking on it's own.

That's funny, but not always true.
My SR1911 has 1500 rounds and the front sight is intact. I have an early run (August 2011) gun FWIW.