Brain worms anyone?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

In my business, chimney sweeping, on some occasions we run across a momma raccoon who's having babies up inside a chimney, in a fireplace behind the damper. It seems they carry the same thing in their droppings... some kind of parasite that will eat your brain.

contender

Ruger Guru
I have enjoyed bear meat often. But also being aware of the potential issues,, it's always been properly cooked.

And as blume has mentioned; "a momma raccoon who's having babies up inside a chimney, in a fireplace behind the damper. It seems they carry the same thing in their droppings... some kind of parasite that will eat your brain."

All raccoon feces is to be considered carriers of the parasites.

In my business,, it's one of the things I discuss with customers.

s4s4u

Hunter
I believe the TV dude Meateater, contracted it from undercooked bear meat as well.

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
I think "Tricky nose itz" is the reason several religions ban eating pork and other meats
Actually that goes back to the Jewish dietary laws as outlined in Scripture. Animals that did not have cloven hooves and did not chew the cud were "unclean meat" to the Jews. Still true today, I believe. Very strict Jews observe very rigid dietary regimen.

Bob Wright

bobsyouruncle

Blackhawk
When I was in Alaska visiting friends 55 plus years ago I went to a Potlatch and there was every kind of meat you could imagine, shrimp, Salmon, to beaver meatloaf, Moose, Bear, you name it. all of surprisingly good and eaten with out issue, I did however say thank you no to the pan cakes with seal oil

Latest posts