Bought a new Mini 14 today.....

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Mus408

Hunter
Have looked at these for last couple of years and decided to purchase one,mostly for a fun plinker.
Placed the order for the 5816 version at my local small gun shop and got a decent deal on it,well it was cheaper than the local Walmart sale,and comes with the 20 rd. mag!
Should be here early next week.
If it performs as well as my Ruger six guns,I'll be happy!

gfw1985

Bearcat
Just be aware of how far it chunks brass. You'll make enemies real fast at a gun range.

Mus408

Hunter
Yeah,I have read about that. I believe there is some kind of fix for that?
Used to brass flying all over,my Glock 23 does the same!

Al James

Hunter
You can change out your gas bushings in the gas block. Smaller hole=closer brass. One knock that you could never throw at a mini is a lack of positive ejection. Flank defense ejection system.

bigun

Bearcat
The two most miserable guns to shoot next to are Ruger Mini 14's and H&K 91's both will cause blood loss if you are to close.

Richbaker

Blackhawk
bigun said:
The two most miserable guns to shoot next to are Ruger Mini 14's and H&K 91's both will cause blood loss if you are to close.

And, any gun with a muzzle brake..... :shock:

Beachbum

Bearcat
At my range, I thought the cure for the Mini tossing shells away was to take the far right lane. Then she started hitting cars in the parking lot. I think I'm the reason they finally put up screens between stations.

Mus408

Hunter
Yeah,while shooting at the indoor range today,they would bounce off the lexan booth walls,and were targeting my wife,who was sitting a ways behind me!
See my latest post on how the Mini performed...it doesn't seem to care for PMC Bronze .223 ammo.

maricar

Bearcat
Nice reading your story about Mini-14, I get interest to buy one someday 'coz I'm planning to replace my old stuff.