Blued Ruger Redhawk

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Andyd

Bearcat
I have a beautiful set of Sambar stag grips from Eagle for a Redhawk laying around since a while. I wonder how much a nice blued 5.5 inch Redhawk in .357 or .44 Mag would cost these days.

I think that the grips will need to be mounted finally 8) .

Hamburg-20130824-00367_zps6025a6fb.jpg

GA Cracker

Blackhawk
Not sure cause you don't see many in blue but based on price I would be interested in the grips if you ever get a hankerin to part with them. I have a SS 44 mag Redhawk sent off now to have cut back to 3.75 inches I would like to see those grips on.

Andyd

Bearcat
Thanks,

right now I want to hang on to them. It does not look as if stag will be getting any cheaper and it is not as easily available as elkhorn. I looked on the site of Eagle grips and they cost $400 and have to be special ordered!

This will make a fine gift to one of my sons but pointless if it is without a nice 5.5 inch blued Redhawk 8) .

A shop around here has (as of last week) a 5.5" (I think) blue .44 Redhawk. It is not perfect with a scratch approximately 1.5" on the right side of the barrel near the end. Going from memory so don't make any bets on the 1.5" length... I don't believe that it had a box.

Oh, and price was $525.

Andyd

Bearcat
harley said:
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=362005810

This is what you need.

I find the 5.5 inch version more appealing, my Super Redhawk with the long tube is filling the hunting niche.

harley,
I find the .41 Mag an interesting cartridge but do not want to go into another calibre, having to get dies, moulds, and other accessories.

So, it looks as if they have landed at $500 to 550 now. Well, when I bought the grips, the grips were not $400 and a used Redhawk $300 :roll: ...

KWYJIBO

Blackhawk
Those are beautiful grips. I think you should buy a Redhawk to put them on. They would look best on a blued one, but stainless is nice too.

Some time ago, I had a stainless 5.5" Redhawk .357. I bought it sort of on a whim, for a good price. (Actually really good, considering how the value of those guns has gone.) When someone listed a set of grips very similar to yours on the classified board here, I came this close to buying them. Another fellow beat me to them, and a year or two later, I decided to sell the gun. I loved owning it, handling it, looking at it... but found I never shot it. So I got back what I paid and bought another gun I'd long been itching for.

If I had bought those grips, I bet I'd still own the Redhawk today, and I bet it'd be one of my favorites.

You should buy one.

Andyd

Bearcat
KWYJIBO,

I love those grips and will be getting a Redhawk, preferrably a blued 5.5 inch model.

Your story sounds familiar; I have sold dozens of guns because I never shot them and wanted to move on. Selling one gun to fund another, has helped me to have first hand experience with many, many guns, particularly handguns.

Now that I am older, my accumulation of firearms stays much more stable and if I do not use a gun a lot anymore, I usually give them to my two sons. Kids wanna shoot, too 8) , even while in college.

Bobthegod

Bearcat
YOU ARE RIGHT!!!! they would look awesome on my Blue 5.5" .44 Magnum Redhawk.
Like everyone else if you EVER wanna part with'em gimme a shout.

Or, you could just send'em over for a photo shoot (pun intended).

Really though.....those are nice.

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Why is it every time someone posts a pic of their property, the thread invariably gets a "hey sell 'em to me" post? :roll:

I saw nothing indicating he wanted to sell them ...

wapiti22

Blackhawk
mohavesam said:
Why is it every time someone posts a pic of their property, the thread invariably gets a "hey sell 'em to me" post? :roll:

I saw nothing indicating he wanted to sell them ...

In my experience, some people don't know they want to sell until you ask them. I've gotten some really good deals just by asking the owner if he wanted to sell.

It's a public website. A certain flexibility is appreciated and expected. A proper degree of manners were in evidence. I say no harm, no foul, and I was partially brought up by a very picky, proper grandmother.

JMHO

:)

Andyd

Bearcat
There is no offence taken. Offers to purchase are the best flattery I can receive for my grips :mrgreen: .

I want to give them to one of my sons, with the proper gun attached and now can tell them how appreciated those grips are among the knowledgeable folks on this forum.

Latest posts